Sign in to follow this  
proline20

Help, need to buy a cutter

I have a special application to cut Oracal 651 into small cigar sized custom shapes.  I plan to use 24" x 50 yd rolls.  Can someone recommend a decent machine in the $300-$500 range?

:thanks:  Charlie

I have the 24 inch refine and have been running it for almost a year with no problems and it will do what you want to do. My brother has the 24 inch p-cut and hasn't had any problems with it...but it seems to be harder to set up than the refine,based on posts here. Also,the refine has both USB and serial,while I think the P-cut only has USB. I personally like a serial connection better it seems more reliable.

Depending on what you see yourself doing in the future,of course.

Got my 24" UScutter off Ebay for $301.00 and everything is OK so far. Thats about as cheap as they get.

Welcome to our forums!!

Either the Refine 25" or the PCut 24" will do what you want and fit in your price range.

:rolleyes:

Guest Terry

I bought the Refine 25in. no problems ever and my first job was $2000 :woohoo: hole crap load of vans I did for a company.

I'm selling my refine 721 right now. JUST the machine, no stand and no blade holder. (but you can buy a new holder on here for I think $30) and you can have my copy of signblazer too.

:notsure:

I would like to run 50 yd rolls, as much at one time as possible.

Which one? refine or creation?

How long should I estimate to cut 50yds of vinyl? (example: use 10" cigar shapes in rows, then repeat until 50 yd roll is finished)

:thanks:

I'm thinking you need the refine with the 4 meg upgrade or possibly the copam if you're going to crank out that much at a time

I just won the bid on a PCUT, can't wait to get started.  :rolleyes:

Question: cutting the cigar shapes described above, how much will run before I need to go back to the machine and re-set? 

I hope I didn't goof the purchase - sorry didn't see your post bk2design.

(yes I know after 10 feet or so you would have to pay attention to the finished vinyl end)

I'm sure more questions will come up in a week or so when I get to play.  First job will be decals for my boat!  I'll post pics when done too...

My brother bought the p-cut. Once I was able to tell him that he had the blade holder in upside down he didn't have any problems that weren't his own fault. So if he can do it, anybody can.

Good luck and the price for our advice is a post of some pics of your first jobs!