MrMopar64

Problem with Workforce 1100

I've got a WF 1100 with a self installed CISS and corba inks I've had it for about 6mo with no problems till last week

I can only print about 6 pages before the megenta stops printing.... if I do a head cleaning then it will do about 6 more pages

I thought maybe the cart was not filling up so I used a syringe to pull ink into the cart till full...

Was able to print about 20 pages the next time then it stoped again so I tried to pull more ink in but it was still full. So once again I had to clean the head...

I bought a 2yr replacement warranty so if it's the printer I'll go get a new one

So I'm open for any ideas.

TIA

MM64

I've got a WF 1100 with a self installed CISS and corba inks I've had it for about 6mo with no problems till last week

I can only print about 6 pages before the megenta stops printing.... if I do a head cleaning then it will do about 6 more pages

I thought maybe the cart was not filling up so I used a syringe to pull ink into the cart till full...

Was able to print about 20 pages the next time then it stoped again so I tried to pull more ink in but it was still full. So once again I had to clean the head...

I bought a 2yr replacement warranty so if it's the printer I'll go get a new one

TIA

MM64

If you run the nozzle check how does that look?

• Like 1

If you run the nozzle check how does that look?

When the red is not printing it is blank on the nozzle check... for the red only the rest look ok

After a head cleaning it looks fine

When the red is not printing it is blank on the nozzle check... for the red only the rest look ok

After a head cleaning it looks fine

Do you by chance know how the cleaning works?

Does it draw ink through the head to clean it?

I would contact Richard at Corba ink. He sells print head cleaners. He will be able to tell you what you need to do to solve your problem.

You possibly have a bad print head..The question I would have does the replacement warranty cover print heads..Most print heads are considered a consumable supply not a warranty part..Check your papers before you go thru the headache of sending it in and then find out you had a bad printhead thats not covered and be out the printer shipping and all then have to wait for the printhead as well...

Just a thought hope it helps...

stetson5331

You possibly have a bad print head..The question I would have does the replacement warranty cover print heads..Most print heads are considered a consumable supply not a warranty part..Check your papers before you go thru the headache of sending it in and then find out you had a bad printhead thats not covered and be out the printer shipping and all then have to wait for the printhead as well...

Just a thought hope it helps...

stetson5331

Thanks... But I bought it at Office Depot and was "told" if I have any problems to bring it back to the store and they would give me a new one... Now thats yet to be seen... I even told them I would be running the CISS...

Thanks... But I bought it at Office Depot and was "told" if I have any problems to bring it back to the store and they would give me a new one... Now thats yet to be seen... I even told them I would be running the CISS...

Try running the head cleaner a few more times, but not back to back try running maybe twice today then tomorrow twice and even a third day and see if that helps. I had a clogged black on my second one that doesn't get used as much (my wife's uses it) and I noticed that the nozzle check wasn't good I would run a head cleaning it would start to get good then go bad again if I ran to many to quick. What the heck its worth a try.

• Like 1

Try running the head cleaner a few more times, but not back to back try running maybe twice today then tomorrow twice and even a third day and see if that helps. I had a clogged black on my second one that doesn't get used as much (my wife's uses it) and I noticed that the nozzle check wasn't good I would run a head cleaning it would start to get good then go bad again if I ran to many to quick. What the heck its worth a try.

Thanks... I'll give that a try

Thanks... I'll give that a try

I had a similar issue, change the cartridge out and it fixed it.

I had a similar issue, change the cartridge out and it fixed it.

Right now I'm using a ciss system so I can't change just one...

Thinking about going to refillable cartridges

Right now I'm using a ciss system so I can't change just one...

Thinking about going to refillable cartridges

wasn't sure how the ciss worked, I use the refillable carts and have only had that one minor issue.

Mpar,

Are you confusing a Head Cleaning with, The ink running Out? Do you have any warning lights on? Is the Ink light on?

This is a solution you can get that's basically a cleaner that you use a syringe to Pull then Push the ink through the heads or cap station.

Check Conde's website they have some great videos.

Once I had to do about 5 head cleanings before it came clear. Only had to do that once.

Are you using Pigment Ink? If so, you have to print every couple of days or it dries up.

Mpar,

Are you confusing a Head Cleaning with, The ink running Out? Do you have any warning lights on? Is the Ink light on?

This is a solution you can get that's basically a cleaner that you use a syringe to Pull then Push the ink through the heads or cap station.

Check Conde's website they have some great videos.

Once I had to do about 5 head cleanings before it came clear. Only had to do that once.

Are you using Pigment Ink? If so, you have to print every couple of days or it dries up.

I've got no lights on..

I used a syringe to make sure the cart was full

Then did a head cleaning after that it prints ok for a few pages but then stops... most always the megenta

Yes I'm using pigment ink... I use mis autoprint to print every 2 days

I'm thinking it might be in the ciss system...

MM64

Does your WF 1100 have a CISS reset switch on it? If it does, and you press the Ink button, it should rest on the ink color that's out. Then press and release the Reset botton for 7 seconds. Press the ink button again. If there's no more ink out, then press the reset once more time. If there is, it should stop again. Press the reset, then press the Ink button.

Hope that helps.

Does your WF 1100 have a CISS reset switch on it? If it does, and you press the Ink button, it should rest on the ink color that's out. Then press and release the Reset botton for 7 seconds. Press the ink button again. If there's no more ink out, then press the reset once more time. If there is, it should stop again. Press the reset, then press the Ink button.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

I tried that but no difference

I tried cleaning over several days but no luck there either

The more I mess with it the more I'm thinking about refillable carts rather then ciss

Thanks

I tried that but no difference

I tried cleaning over several days but no luck there either

The more I mess with it the more I'm thinking about refillable carts rather then ciss

Give Richard from Cobra Inks a call. Even if you didn't buy it there he is a great guy and will do everything he can to help you out and will also advise you which route to take. I'm sure you know how to find his info but if you need it let me know...

• Like 1

Give Richard from Cobra Inks a call. Even if you didn't buy it there he is a great guy and will do everything he can to help you out and will also advise you which route to take. I'm sure you know how to find his info but if you need it let me know...

Thanks

I'll give him a call before I totally give up on ciss :)

Thanks

I'll give him a call before I totally give up on ciss :)

He will get you straightened out if anyone can, tell him I told you to call..............

• Like 1

TIA

MM64

Sound like the fault is with the CISS. Does a regular, genuine Epson magenta cart run out that fast as well? Perhaps the nozzles are drying out too quickly, causing some clogging. Which would lead to a bad Magenta CISS Cart.

UPDATE...

Well I took it all apart today.

Took out the CISS to see if I could find the problem

I noticed that the carts were low even though the tanks were full

It turned out that the small hole in the bottom of the vent tube was pluged up

After cleaning it seems to be working ok...And I won't be letting the ink get below bottom of the vent tube anymore

So we'll see how long it last

Wish me luck :)

MM64

Glad you got it solved. You really do have to run the pigment-ink CISS system every few days. The instructions say 'once a week' but in my opinion that's not often enough. You should also print color separate from black. I just had to clean out my WF1100 with the de-clogging kit...it works great, but printing once a week simply wasn't enough. Perhaps this is affected by weather, heat, etc.

My WF1100 is back to being awesome though after a thorough priming.

Yea it's pretty great! In a year I have run almost 300' of printable vinyl thru mine, and went thru one of his complete refill sets as well as having to reset the ink pad!!!

get a magenta head cleaning cartridge from Richard @ Cobra. Take your magenta ciss cartridgeout and put the cleaning cartridge in, then clean the head several times. I had to use the clog buster solution and syringe on my printer to get it cleared out.