jovial

Looking for a good logo

Ok guys, I'm fairly new to the decal business and I'm definately no good at coming up with logos. I'm here to seek the help of all the sign masters. I've been cutting decals for a few months for friends and such but now i want to expand a little and think i need a good logo that i can put on flyers and such and do a little advertising. I was wondering if maybe you guys and girls could help me come up with some good logos for my business. The name is "Jovial Graphics" and any ideas would be great. thanks, Joe V.

Come on people, did I put this in the wrong section? I've had 78 people look at this topic but nobody has even tried to come up with anything. What if I were to do it like a contest? Would anyone be interested then? What kind of prize do you think the winner should get?

Come on people, did I put this in the wrong section? I've had 78 people look at this topic but nobody has even tried to come up with anything. What if I were to do it like a contest? Would anyone be interested then? What kind of prize do you think the winner should get?

I think you are having wrong approach from the beginning.

It would be different if you have at least tried to come up with design and post the result here, asking fellow members for the help /opinion.

I bet a lot of people would've give you an idea or suggestion , but just asking someone to design it for you..........

Another thing, designing logo even for yourself its not so simple , as example I changed (modified) my logo 3 times in last 3 years and I'm still not happy.

So, my advice to you would be start working on it your self and take it from there.

D.

I agree....I am still fiddling with mine after 5 years and the more input the better.

I do have one idea I can post if you like but it needs to come from you initially cause you know what you want your image to represent.

Ya know what I mean?

Remember this is a really rough start it needs a bunch of work but its an idea.

post-12064-0-39823000-1304691379_thumb.j

This is about the same idea I was going to give. Just the name "Jovial" denotes happy, fun, jester. You need to project the tone of your style of graphics. For example, if you have a dark side to you, make it look more evil and if you have a ..... frilly side, make it reflect that as well. Have fun with it in order to make it yours and don't worry about what others think. Have fun!

Exactly, good post JoAnns. Like even take the blue side and give it a raised eyebrow instead of the furrowed. I used the three color to keep it simple and also to ues easier colors leaning to print.

CMYK is just too much LOL!

just my .02:

If you cannot make your own logo, you might be in the wrong business. There are alot of great people on this forum, but I doubt any of them will be willing to go this far. Post what you have so far, and people will help you - but to expect someone to do it for you is pretty ballsy.

$100 :huh: $500 :huh: would interest me , but not enough to try to come up with a logo with no imput from you . Being a bit impatient wanting somebody to make a free logo seems silly to me . BTW , I would never let anybody design a logo for me anyway . It should be something you like & want to represent you & your company . Asking for suggestions on something you have started would be more realistic . I know many posting on the forum have too much spare time , but the time spent making amething for you to decide , seems crazy . Seems you want 50 people to spend 1/2 hour each to see IF anything interests you . I am impressed Proto came up with something ... He is a good guy even though he has not washed Bay's pink Corvette yet .... ;)

I am looking for just the outline of the globe but I can only find bitmap images. How do I convert this for signblazer

$100 :huh: $500 :huh: would interest me , but not enough to try to come up with a logo with no imput from you . Being a bit impatient wanting somebody to make a free logo seems silly to me . BTW , I would never let anybody design a logo for me anyway . It should be something you like & want to represent you & your company . Asking for suggestions on something you have started would be more realistic . I know many posting on the forum have too much spare time , but the time spent making amething for you to decide , seems crazy . Seems you want 50 people to spend 1/2 hour each to see IF anything interests you . I am impressed Proto came up with something ... He is a good guy even though he has not washed Bay's pink Corvette yet .... ;)

Hey....I didn't know it was my turn!

Meguires or Eagle one???

Can I stripe it too??? ;)

If you can`t design your own logo, How can you design for clients?

mark-s

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to anyone who I've offended here. I wasnt trying get someone to actually completely come up with my logo, I was trying to just ask for ideas. I do really like the one that Prototype came up with but really trying to figure out a way to incorporate a jester hat with the complany name somehow. I would have put an image that I've been working on but cant figure out how to post it.

I'm really sorry to anyone who I've offended here. I wasnt trying get someone to actually completely come up with my logo, I was trying to just ask for ideas. I do really like the one that Prototype came up with but really trying to figure out a way to incorporate a jester hat with the complany name somehow. I would have put an image that I've been working on but cant figure out how to post it.

I don't think you offended anybody & I don't think anybody meant to be mean . Honesty over the internet can seem more brutal than meant .

When you post , there is a " attacthments " right under the place where you type , in that click " browse " & find what you want to attch . Then click the black box " attach this file " . I have attached files from SignBlazer , but when I try to open them from the forum , the only thing that comes up is the blank design screen of SignBlazer .

:thumbsup:

jovial logo.SBDok i feel really stupid now. i was using the quick reply and it doensnt have the attachment tab. Here is the signblazer file i was working on, keep in mind its nowhere near finished. And to Mark-S, I havent really had to design a whole lot for people. The people that i have done decals for know exactly what they want. Like i said, I'm very new to this stuff but I only use Signblazer Elements and Inkscape so I'm pretty limited. This is just a side hobby but have learned a lot and have TONS more to learn. I'm actually wanting to get into doing more "design" type stuff but its gonna take some more business so i can justify putting the money into some different software. And thank you to everyone for all the comments, it did actually make me sit down and start playing with the logo I had started a couple of weeks ago.

I would try to simplify it more and add color like mark said too. To me it does not look like a hat it looks like....er...umm. an a female who is . well..never mind, this is a family show.

Not to be crude or anything.

Look at these.........

http://www.google.co...biw=939&bih=564

I just played withmine for a sec so it isn't very put together but its a start.

More hat like and not so "realistic"....ya know what I mean?

Didn`t have a lot of time.

A nicer looking hat most defiantly.

mark-s

post-1335-0-19441100-1305149922_thumb.jp

Yes it "definately" does look better with the colors added. I never even noticed before how it looked like a woman lying down but after it being pointed out, Ican see it a little. I do hope that I'm never with a woman who has balls as feet though. Anyway, back on subject, thank you to everyone who has added their own constructive criticism. It does help in a huge way and is just what i was looking for. The people of this forum have helped me soo much in the past year and I can only hope to offer a fraction of the help to someone else.

way cool there is some talented people on here

I totally agree!! I wish i had just a fraction of the talent of some people on here.

Well....I messed around with it a bit more....but it still needs work.

Prototype, it looks great to me. I dont know how you came up with it, but i would say its almost perfect. I love the idea of the two seperate sides and the faces in each though, like they're looking at each other. You've done more than I ever expected anyone to do and I thank you for that.

sure thing....that will be $200.00

lol just kidding.

let me see if I kept the original design before I did the mod.