Sign in to follow this  
prestonservco

Dislike Epson Workforce 1100

Anyone else dislike the Epson Workforce 1100 printer? I read lots of positive comments....but, I don't really care for it. The ink is terribly expensive, and just about any inkjet printer can match the print quality. At least any inkjet that I've owned.

I attempted to buy ink cartridges direct from Epson.....but, after 2 days of attempting to purchase on their website, I gave up. I don't remember what the problem was, I just remember trying many, many times. So, I purchased through a 3rd party. Still Epson brand though.

I'm on the 3rd set of ink cartridges and this new set is unrecognizable by the printer. It's Epson brand, like all the ink before it, but none of the 3 colors will work. The software says that it's the wrong type or Non-Epson.....wrong. I've run through the "help" program to install new cartridges and troubleshoot, but still won't work.

Thankfully I already purchased an HP Deskjet 8000 wide format printer. Haven't hooked it up yet, but hopefully it works better than this Epson dumpster filler I own.

that's why everyone gets the cis from cobraink - much cheaper to run! remember when you sell this to jfought to buy another printer with pigmant ink if doing transfers. PS Pigment will cost a little more . . . . a little investment in the cobra set up in the beginning would have saved you hundreds in the end. short of that you can get the refillable carts from cobra also

Scott said it CISS !!!!! I have three of them and they are awesome machines and I cant say enough great stuff about them. I have printed hundred and hundreds and hundreds of prints and have not even gone through the tanks that come full with ink from Richard at Cobra System when I ordered it. You just needed to do a little research before buying one and you would have clearly seen the way to go is CISS. Pirate Dave told me he thinks he has printed about a 1,000 prints and is just getting ready to add ink , Oh and I think the five bottles of pigment ink (replacement) that will fill the tanks a few times was $45.00 for all five. That's dirt cheap in my book....

In any case I wish you good luck with the new one but the bottom line in this business is you should have a printer with a CISS System period, weather your that busy or not these are so cheap to run. I run Harvey Head Cleaner every day and haven't worried about any of them....

I`ve had mine for three weeks and it`s already paid for itself.

They are good for doing short runs.

It`s a very good printer everyone says the prints are picture perfect.

mark-s

I understand the benefit of CISS and would probably have gone that route if I knew about it in advance.

It just seems odd that the Epson printer doesn't work with Epson Ink!

Maybe I will sell it and order one through Cobra already setup.

I understand the benefit of CISS and would probably have gone that route if I knew about it in advance.

It just seems odd that the Epson printer doesn't work with Epson Ink!

Maybe I will sell it and order one through Cobra already setup.

LOL I bet Epson makes all their money on ink not printers

LOL I bet Epson makes all their money on ink not printers

You wouldn't get any takers on that bet. ;D

The CISS' are very easy to setup.

You do however need to print to them often.

If you can figure how to post and move around this site, you can install a CISS.

I just bought 500 ml's replacement ink for under $50.

• Like 1