mkp

SignBlazer Elements 6.05 - Tested

Just now, MZ SKEETER said:

That OP does not come here   last visit 2012.  Slice& Dice has the most current Signblazer. download

So what happened when you used the Vinyl Master demo? 

I can definitely use it, its the matter of now transferring all of my SBD files over.  None of the suggestions are working, unfortunately. 

28 minutes ago, deannasdecals said:

I can definitely use it, its the matter of now transferring all of my SBD files over.  None of the suggestions are working, unfortunately. 

Yes, you can export your Signblazer files as an .eps file.  You were told that.  You are not using every one of your files at 1 time.  Start with converting the most used files.    You now have a software that works.    It is very possible that Signblazer will not work with your computer.  Signblazer has not been updated for years, and won't be.  Owner died years ago.  It is time to move on with a more current software that does have updates.   Did you ever get the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter?  And null modem cable? 

You can purchase a Sata to Sata transfer and send them all to your new computer and then convert.  I have done that.   That is hard drive to new hard drive transfer.

Also, if you are running any type of business, and really need those files, you should ALWAYS have those files backed up somewhere off of that desktop.  That computer is not going to last forever. Always have your files backed up else where or you will really have problems in the future.  We cannot say that enough.  We see it all the time here.   People lose everything because their computer crashes. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-IDE-SATA-S-ATA-2-5-3-5-Hard-Drive-HD-HDD-Converter-Adapter-Cable/322512733253?hash=item4b1741c445:g:oOcAAOSwAWlaVHFq:rk:7:pf:0

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Yes, you can export your Signblazer files as an .eps file.  You were told that.  You are not using every one of your files at 1 time.  Start with converting the most used files.    You now have a software that works.    It is very possible that Signblazer will not work with your computer.  Signblazer has not been updated for years, and won't be.  Owner died years ago.  It is time to move on with a more current software that does have updates.   Did you ever get the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter?  And null modem cable? 

You can purchase a Sata to Sata transfer and send them all to your new computer and then convert.  I have done that.   That is hard drive to new hard drive. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-IDE-SATA-S-ATA-2-5-3-5-Hard-Drive-HD-HDD-Converter-Adapter-Cable/322512733253?hash=item4b1741c445:g:oOcAAOSwAWlaVHFq:rk:7:pf:0

I have read and tried all of the wonderful suggestions.  Unfortunately, none of them work, which is most likely due to the program being so old.  SignBlazer is working, just not the cutter itself. I ordered the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter, it says it should be here by the 26th.  I am going to have to find a null modem cable, as read in your questions above.  I have literally been cutting with this program and this version of cutter for 12 years, so I've not had to worry about "updating" all these items until just now deciding to purchase this new laptop.  I am not sure what all of these items are just yet.  I am trying to learn though!  I have all of the files already secured on a 2TB harddrive and on the new computer as well. 

4 hours ago, deannasdecals said:

I have read and tried all of the wonderful suggestions.  Unfortunately, none of them work, which is most likely due to the program being so old.  SignBlazer is working, just not the cutter itself. I ordered the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter, it says it should be here by the 26th.  I am going to have to find a null modem cable, as read in your questions above.  I have literally been cutting with this program and this version of cutter for 12 years, so I've not had to worry about "updating" all these items until just now deciding to purchase this new laptop.  I am not sure what all of these items are just yet.  I am trying to learn though!  I have all of the files already secured on a 2TB harddrive and on the new computer as well. 

You must  open a file onto your Signblazer screen, select it,  use FILE> EXPORT and .eps must be in the file format at the very bottom of the page of Signblazer.  List files of Type  Encapsulated post script.  Which is .eps . It is a drop down box.     Put it into a  document folder on your computer.  OK.   Show us a screen shot. 

You should not have expectations that an old, never updated software is going to keep working.  It has been thru many different versions of Windows already, .. with no updates.  Matter of fact it best imports version 8, .ai files which is many years ago. that is how old it is.   It will not even import newer files.

• Like 1

Exporting in SBE does work. I swear I gave instruction in a different thread about this same inquiry. Found it.

open you SBD files, Select all of the items (regardless if they're in your working space frame or not), File, Export (.eps)

You might need to ungroup them on whatever program you end up using, but everything that's selected will be saved as an .eps vector file.

This is the same subject, being rehashed in a different thread.

Edited by haumana

On 2/22/2019 at 11:07 AM, haumana said:

Exporting in SBE does work. I swear I gave instruction in a different thread about this same inquiry. Found it.

This is the same subject, being rehashed in a different thread.

Hours in.......I'm ALMOST done!  (whew!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deannasdecals said:

Hours in.......I'm ALMOST done!  (whew!)

You don't really want all your files in a proprietary format anyway so it's time well spent whether you do it one at a time as you need or just set down and get them all done. Once you have them in eps they are shelf stable you might say and you can access them from lots of programs. 

• Like 3