Ericortiz27

is this a decent printer

hp designjet 500

I can get one for 600..I've been wanting a printer I just have a cutter and I was wondering what you guys think about it?

You can't print most vinyl with it, you would need to use Sihl or similar inkjet-compatible vinyl. It is not solvent or eco-solvent based nor compatible, there is a long thread about HP DJ500's somewhere around here.

how about this printer Graphtec cutting pro fc3100?

Graphtec FC 3100 is a cutter (older one) .

Before you buy printer you should decide what needs for printer do you have, and how much work you will be getting for the printer (printer should not sit unused at least solvent and eco solvent ones)

Do you need wide format printer or just printer to print t shirt transfers and sublimation stuff.

On this forum you can find a lots of very good and helpful stuff about printing. Try to find them and read as much as you can before you buy a printer.

Also there is few proven printers on this forum who would be more than glad to do printing for you for great price (Jfough , stetson, Dakota)

Good luck.

D.

I want it to do printed banners and fatheads

then plan on spending 6-8000 for a decent used one! there are no cheap alternatives if you plan on doing outside banners.