BannerJohn

need a Mac expert

I have been using Macs now for about a year and I gave my nephew a Mac for Christmas...and he is having a problem I never heard of. Don't want to go into detail here, but if you are a Mac expert who doesn't mind helping a novice who has seen the light..please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

or send me a message and I will see if I can help ya.

Hey CB, he never replied to me, so maybe you can get it fixed for him :thumbsup:

sorry the problem got fixed....but I have another question....all of my macs make a weird sound occasionally. It comes from the SPEAKERS. The best I can describe it is a 'glunk glunk' like water makes in a big water bottle when you draw some out and a big bubble goes up. ITs got me stumped. It's not a problem, I'm just curious.

sorry the problem got fixed....but I have another question....all of my macs make a weird sound occasionally. It comes from the SPEAKERS. The best I can describe it is a 'glunk glunk' like water makes in a big water bottle when you draw some out and a big bubble goes up. ITs got me stumped. It's not a problem, I'm just curious.

Dear god John it is turning to cider!

Dear god John it is turning to cider!

If only.

Sorry but you got me on that one... I guess I usually have mine on mute or have headphones plugged in but laying on the desk.

Hey BJ, check your sound card drivers and make sure you have the latest version of the software.

Hope this helps

Hey BJ, check your sound card drivers and make sure you have the latest version of the software.

Hope this helps

did that. This is a specific sound, and it seems tied to an event..and happens on 4 different Mac desktops.

Hi BJ,

I am no Mac expert but I have a I7 I Mac and it does not make any of the sounds like what you described..I know if you bump a function key at the top of the key board it will make a similar sound to a drop of water..Could that be what your talking about..Maybe try a different key board??Sorry not too much help on this...

stetson5331

Hey, you have 4 different mac's making this sound? Are they located in the same place?

Hey, you have 4 different mac's making this sound? Are they located in the same place?

they are upstairs,downstairs,and at opposite ends of the house. I can't seem to make this clear..this is NOT a 'noise'. It is a sound file...wav type file. It plays just like any other sound file. Turn the sound up, it is louder. It is obviously tied to some program on the computers that is doing something every 3 or 4 hours. It is NOT in the mac sounds library so I assume it is some aftermarket program.

they are upstairs,downstairs,and at opposite ends of the house. I can't seem to make this clear..this is NOT a 'noise'. It is a sound file...wav type file. It plays just like any other sound file. Turn the sound up, it is louder. It is obviously tied to some program on the computers that is doing something every 3 or 4 hours. It is NOT in the mac sounds library so I assume it is some aftermarket program.

Oh, you just made it very clear to me BJ. Turn off your speaker's. eheheheheheheheh Problem solved! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumbsup:

What PGM is common to all 4 Macs? if they all have the same stuff on every one then I agree with Ash turn the sound off./..LOL..Sorry BJ thats funny I don't care who you are THAT'S Funny!!1 ;D

Try going to 'sounds' in SYSTEM PREFERENCES (under the Apple menu) ... betcha you've got 'submarine' chosen under the sound effects' tab.