Watson91

Importing .EPS from Illy to Sign Blazer

To start this image is just an example.

So, I open this .psd file I have and then save it as a .eps version 8.

Problem1.jpg

Import into signblazer using full postscript interpreter

Problem2.jpg

Seems to get some random extra box going there. Then when I go to cut I get this error:

The drawing contains a bitmap. Only other object will be cut and bitmaps will not be cut.

Then it looks like the following?

Problem3.jpg

Not sure what gives, but it's becoming frustrating. I have been searching, but seems like I haven't been using the right keywords. I can't imagine this topic hasn't been hit before, so sorry if this is a repost.

Look at it in wire frame you probably have a stray node to he right somewhere try to draw a box around that area holding the left mouse button down and see if you can zero in on something or post the file. If there is something there when you draw the box just hit the delete button and you should be good to go

Okay I tried it a different way. When I opened the .psd in Adobe i chose to convert it as a single image. So here's what it looks like.

Problem4.jpg

So then I import into sign blazer same way and get this.

Problem5.jpg

Then when I click cut I get the same error.

Problem6.jpg

Then in the cut screen it's just blank.

Problem7.jpg

If I paste it into Illustrator then save it as a .eps I still have the same bitmap error.

If I try to paste it straight into Sign Blazer the image looks like a box of scanlines.

are you sure its a eps file. You have to convert a bitmap you cant just tell the image to be a eps file from a bitmap and it does it automatically. Has to be converted like in inkscape.

I would say it not a eps file when it get to SB. Try a different file and see if it works here is one?

Yes, that file worked. All I am doing is saving the file as an .eps in Illustrator? Is there something I must do before saving the file as an .eps?

Yes, that file worked. All I am doing is saving the file as an .eps in Illustrator? Is there something I must do before saving the file as an .eps?

Do a search on using inkscape its really easy to covert a bitmap there this may help also

http://www.vinylforum.org/smf/general-discussion/this-to-help-some-newbies-people-liked-it-at-another-forum-so-i-moved-it-here/

If it's not a vector image, then all your doing is saving the bitmap in eps format. Eps can contain bitmap images too. If it starts out as a bitmap, or contains a bitmap, you have to vectorize it by tracing it first; then delete the bitmap portion and then save it as an eps file...