I recently acquired a GCC Jaguar JR -61. I have no manuals or anything with, I know the test cut works, and I found the drivers in Flexi, but It just wont cut. When I send a Job to the plotter, it takes a few minutes and then it gives me a write port error, what does that even mean? Any advice would be helpful at this point.

Thanks, Jim Jones III

Hey jim contact GCC directly at their website (email tech support also ) they have manuals you can download and a very helpful tech center! I have a Ultra GRC 76 s and they got me up and running in no time. If that doesnt work try SignWarehouse for the manual as well.

Also I use a serial port so it may just be the wrong port or maybe try a parallel port. I was told to avoid usb drivers.

Thanks For the help. I was trying to mess around with the communication setting on the plotter and in the computer, I had them all set the same, but the last letter to show up for the setting on the plotter was a P, which I am assuming means it is trying to read from the parallel port, and it had no S option(serial if my logic is correct?). I am going to try and find a USB to Parallel cord within the next week. BTW this plotter has no USB port on it, although it has a hole with a cover over it where they are on the newer ones.

Hey jim contact GCC directly at their website (email tech support also ) they have manuals you can download and a very helpful tech center! I have a Ultra GRC 76 s and they got me up and running in no time. If that doesnt work try SignWarehouse for the manual as well.

Also I use a serial port so it may just be the wrong port or maybe try a parallel port. I was told to avoid usb drivers.