Pistonpump

Contour cutting laserpoint

Hi all,

I have just made my first contour cuts with printed vinyl 24" wide by 36 long with multiple decals. I ran into a problem and I could use a little help. The first 1-6 inches of vinyl contour cut perfectly. As is starts down the vinyl after 6 to 36 inches the cuts start to become offset. They are starting to cut out part of the printed decal at the top and leaving non printed material at the bottom. My settings are as follows.

Red eye offset for the carriage is at 2.0

Red eye offset for the vinyl direction is at 14. I have played with this and if I set it either way the first 6 inches of contour cuts are off also.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Geo

Hi all,

I have just made my first contour cuts with printed vinyl 24" wide by 36 long with multiple decals. I ran into a problem and I could use a little help. The first 1-6 inches of vinyl contour cut perfectly. As is starts down the vinyl after 6 to 36 inches the cuts start to become offset. They are starting to cut out part of the printed decal at the top and leaving non printed material at the bottom. My settings are as follows.

Red eye offset for the carriage is at 2.0

Red eye offset for the vinyl direction is at 14. I have played with this and if I set it either way the first 6 inches of contour cuts are off also.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Geo

Read this Piston, I believe this will solve your problems, it did with my LP24

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/10739-laserpoint-x-y-calibration/page__p__119148__hl__%2B%2A%2Asb+%2Boffset+%2Blp24__fromsearch__1#entry119148

I will have to give that a try. If it works I am going to be a busy man. Now that i have the large format printer I have the opportunity to make a ton a printed decals for my employer and my other customers. I really don't want to have to buy a graphtec if I don't have too!

Thanks,

Geo

By the way...what it the blade off set do?

I will have to give that a try. If it works I am going to be a busy man. Now that i have the large format printer I have the opportunity to make a ton a printed decals for my employer and my other customers. I really don't want to have to buy a graphtec if I don't have too!

Thanks,

Geo

By the way...what it the blade off set do?

Hey Piston, here's one answer to your question http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/32049-creation-cutter/page__p__249473__hl__offset__fromsearch__1#entry249473

Hope this helps ya

Thanks Again,

I attempted to follow the instructions this morning and I found out it was running about a 1/8 inch long in both directions. I adjusted the x and y scale and now it cuts a 20" x 20" box right on the money. I attempted to contour cut my design again and I am off a little still at the very end. I will have to play with this a little more. One more thing. Is there a way to use all 4 registration boxes with the software when you go to contour cut. I can print all 4 but Sign blazer only allows 2 points to be used as a set point.. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Geo

Thanks Again,

I attempted to follow the instructions this morning and I found out it was running about a 1/8 inch long in both directions. I adjusted the x and y scale and now it cuts a 20" x 20" box right on the money. I attempted to contour cut my design again and I am off a little still at the very end. I will have to play with this a little more. One more thing. Is there a way to use all 4 registration boxes with the software when you go to contour cut. I can print all 4 but Sign blazer only allows 2 points to be used as a set point.. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Geo

you should give flexistarter a try. worth every penny when it comes to contour cutting. I believe the issue you are having would be solved by using the four reg mark system.

All you need is 2 reg marks on one side like this...

This is layering, but gives you an example.

I use Signcut man, you can use as many reg points as you like in it

If the software sign blazer would allow you to use the 4 registration boxes when you contour cut it would make the cuts more accurate. All the Arms units use the 4 points. Sign Blazer only allows the use of 2 unless i am missing something.

Geo

If the software sign blazer would allow you to use the 4 registration boxes when you contour cut it would make the cuts more accurate. All the Arms units use the 4 points. Sign Blazer only allows the use of 2 unless i am missing something.

Geo

Geo, you can use more, just get the reg image and use that to place it where you want to

rego.SBD

I guess I am missing your point. When you contour cut with the sign blazer software you have to jog the lazer and set the points. The software only asks you for 2 point to calculate the geometry to cut out the printed decals. In sign blazer the software gives you the option to print 4 registration marks. When you put the printed decals in the cutter and set the lazer on these points in only asks for the 2 top points. It never gives you the option for the other 2 points. So basically when it goes to cut the decal sheet in the cutter could be skewed when it tracks because its not using a 3 or 4 points to calculate the geometry to cut them out. On the graphtecs and rolands the automatic lazer eye scans all 4 points to compensate for the tracking of the machine.

Geo

Hey Geo, do you have Signcut? Just wondering, and you guy's get in the chat. Rodger can help more with SB, I use it but not much ehehehehehehe