Sign in to follow this  
coop1818

Backgrounds for Vinyl Wall Art

I am new to all of this and I have been searching thru Ebay and different places to check prices, etc of wall art, decals, etc. This is probably a stupid question but I don't understand how they have the backgrounds behind the wall art - for instance the wall art or saying on a wall with furniture, beds, pillows, etc in the picture. I've been just doing various things for friends just to get experience but I'm not sure how to display items to sell...

Thanks in advance..this is a great website; I've already gotten a notebook full of tips and ideas to use once I actually get started.lol

C.C

photoshop would be good to use if you dont have any nice setups to take photos of :thumbsup:

You can purchase some real nice low res stock photos for web use for pretty cheap. Or find some royalty free ones surfing around on the web.

It looks like I've got lot of reading and figuring out how a listing can look so niece and professional .Do you just find the scene you want (like a dining room with a dining room talble and chairs in it and behind the table is a blank wall where your word art would go-on that wall. Do you have to use a machine that lets you combine the 2 pictures to make them look like one...Tomorrow I'm staying on this computer and reading several of these forums trying to figure it all out....

Thanks so much for your help

Yes, basically you import a photo into photo editing software, such as Photoshop. In a nutshell your bottom layer would be the photo of the room. The top layer would be your wall art image. You can then set your wall art image in place and adjust size, color, perspective, just about anything till you're happy with it.

I believe you can download adobe photoshop trial and tinkering around with it.

If you're still confused and want to send me the files I can walk you though it in a tutorial sort of way.

Do you have to use a machine that lets you combine the 2 pictures to make them look like one...Tomorrow I'm staying on this computer and reading several of these forums trying to figure it all out...

wow, amazes me to find out how little my competition actually knows about the field in which they choose to conduct business. no machine, it is magic. give me $30,000 and i'll tell you where to go to college and what classes to take in order to become a photoshop magician.

I actually do it in SignBlazer also :)

I have signblazer and I am in the process of reading, reading, reading.lol Thanks so much for your help...glad to see the majority of people are nice on this board

:lol:

wow, amazes me to find out how little my competition actually knows about the field in which they choose to conduct business.

"Competition" means you want to do the exact same thing someone else does only do it better...I, sir, am not your competition nor have any desire to be...I am just trying to learn something so that I can do it well and hopefully make some money in the process.

"Competition" means you want to do the exact same thing someone else does only do it better...I, sir, am not your competition nor have any desire to be...I am just trying to learn something so that I can do it well and hopefully make some money in the process.

not my competition? any money you make in the same field as I, is money you take away from legitimate business owners who have invested time and money in this field to learn how to deliver a high quality product. Anyone such as yourself who doesn't have a clue as to what they are doing diminishes the perceived value of my service in the marketplace, so I find it offensive when you belittle the investment I have made in my education before entering this field to make money.

not my competition? any money you make in the same field as I, is money you take away from legitimate business owners who have invested time and money in this field to learn how to deliver a high quality product. Anyone such as yourself who doesn't have a clue as to what they are doing diminishes the perceived value of my service in the marketplace, so I find it offensive when you belittle the investment I have made in my education before entering this field to make money.

i'm sorry, i guess you are trying to learn, so i shouldn't be so harsh, i just hate the way the graphic arts industry has turned into a bunch of hacks.