jmiller

Post your backlit signs with regular vinyl

Hey guys, I'm looking to do a back lit sign job but want to see how regular vinyl shows up at night. I have a color swatch book and held it up to a light and it shows through some but want to see a finished sign like this.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm looking to do a back lit sign job but want to see how regular vinyl shows up at night. I have a color swatch book and held it up to a light and it shows through some but want to see a finished sign like this.

Thanks!

Use the proper translucent material and your customer will be happy - put some regular vinyl on your window and shine a light thru it -

Use the proper translucent material and your customer will be happy - put some regular vinyl on your window and shine a light thru it -

Use the translucent a much better job. the 651 will let light thru but some colors may not look just right and the right vinyl isnt that bad to buy

Dan

I just applied strips of vinyl to what i was using for the front plastic, turned on a few lights to check out how it looked - worked like a charm ;)

After a few hours of weeding and getting everything the way i wanted it, decided against using it and chucked it in the dumpster

At least i got some practice! :D

I just applied strips of vinyl to what i was using for the front plastic, turned on a few lights to check out how it looked - worked like a charm ;)

After a few hours of weeding and getting everything the way i wanted it, decided against using it and chucked it in the dumpster

At least i got some practice! :D

Bay - drive thru a small town and you will be able to pick out the ones that didn't use the proper vinyl though - it is much more opaque and looks like shadows instead of a lighted sign. unless you use a arc lamp to illuminate them . . . then the who;e thing goes up in flames and gets on the front page of the paperohmy.gif

Digging up old threads here, but what if I use 751 red on a backlit sign. What would it look like when lit up? All I have in stock is that and I'm renting a lift to do my sister in laws salon signs on Sunday and another guy wanted his backlit signs done but just with cut vinyl. Will it be readable at night? Just not in color? I have to get her signs up that day and I'm not going to spend $250 twice for two days of lift renting!

Regular red for example will look orangish. Black is always black and other colors will look darker than they should be but in a pinch it usually is fine as the customer doesn't know the difference usually.