Ericortiz27

Help getting business

......Target marketing and knocking on doors is much better.....

They both fit into the 'advertising' category. Even a sign on your car is advertising. All depends on where your head is.

Ya know, Ash warned me about you :P

I was meaning paid advertising in publications and/or broadcast media......Just like pissing in the wind.....Really hard to reach the folks you want without wasting a bunch of money reaching folks you do not want....

I don't know much about Canada, but down here we recommend not pissing into the wind! :D

I do recommend signs & decals on the vehicle though. The ones I put on my wife's car have generated a lot of interest.

We leave high end business cards wherever we go and honestly besides word of mouth has brought me more business than anything i've ever tried.

Sounds simple. The times are so different than they were a few years ago .. you gotta try anything you can.

So I should just pass a lot of business cards out?

You have to have a little sales background to market your business, approach other high volume car dealers, used or new and offer discounted services for pin striping and visual vehicle enhancements. Just $200 into a $3000 car can make it worth $3500. They just need to see the value. Privately owned gas stations for service island ads made with coroplast. Cheap and easy with good returns, small garages for small bumpers stickers ie, "I get my car serviced at BUD's SERVICE station and you should too!"

Your business image is everything, people do business with looks in mind. Show quality and value. Build a visual resume of work, even if it is just small stuff. I am just getting started myself with making it a full time business. I am a truck driver/route salesman by trade and have many years with operating our families small business. We have failed and succeeded. But I can honestly say, the only way to fail is to not try at all.

Business is tough right now and you will have to dig to get peoples business. But the value of your service must be emphasized to keep people coming back. I go to a bunch of race tracks and meet people first hand. People like doing business with people the know or have met.

+1 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Knock on doors, shake hands, show quality product and sell your self.

Word of mouth is a double edge sword though...keep in mind....bad travels much faster than good and people won't soon forget!

Friendly, quality, value and stand behind your product.

I need to get some decent cards made so I can start my campaign...I plan to do a brochure too eventually!

once I get some business. so far doing just charity and freebies