BearlyRich

Yay, my first vinyl T-shirt

I finally got the time to cut some Easyweed and make a T-shirt. Which led me to find out yet again that my old press doesn't quite hit 300 degrees... So, after dinner, a few screw removals and some quality bending, the press now happily hits 325.

So I cut & weeded the Easyweed and all I have to say is Easyweed isn't! Maybe I'm spoiled by Oracal 631, but that Easyweed is really stuck tot he backing.

Then I find out, yet again, why my press was never made to do T-shirts... So it's got a wrinkle. Only a test shirt after all from the rag pile.

But after all this, my first vinyl T-shirt came off the press and looks good, for a test. Thought I'd share it here.

Now, for those wise-guys out there that really want to say something about the lettering being backward... Well, this is the back of the shirt. Of course the lettering will look backwards! ;D

post-16768-0-63286600-1303188724_thumb.j

I finally got the time to cut some Easyweed and make a T-shirt. Which led me to find out yet again that my old press doesn't quite hit 300 degrees... So, after dinner, a few screw removals and some quality bending, the press now happily hits 325.

So I cut & weeded the Easyweed and all I have to say is Easyweed isn't! Maybe I'm spoiled by Oracal 631, but that Easyweed is really stuck tot he backing.

Then I find out, yet again, why my press was never made to do T-shirts... So it's got a wrinkle. Only a test shirt after all from the rag pile.

But after all this, my first vinyl T-shirt came off the press and looks good, for a test. Thought I'd share it here.

Now, for those wise-guys out there that really want to say something about the lettering being backward... Well, this is the back of the shirt. Of course the lettering will look backwards! ;D

wwwwwwhhahahahaha lettering on backwards.... oh those were the days..... I did a blanket for the baby and applied my first vinyl to it, pressed it and was like "WOW, that looks good doesn't it baby..... the misses burst into tears laughing and said "Yeah, if you have a mirror stuck to it, then it sure does! ehheheeheheheh

Good one Bearly!!!! :thumbsup:

I have been cutting for over 2 years & did the same thing yesterday. I didn't get it as far as the shirt but I did weed it...LOL

Peggy

;D

To be honest, it was the typical t-shirt mistake. But I just wanted to do a quick test of everything to see how it would work and so far, it worked okay. I'm going to wash that old shirt to see how it holds up. I like my rags clean anyway :P

At least now I know I do need a "new" press as this one is just too difficult to work with and the Easyweed works great with my standard cutter settings.

Oh the mirror thing never ends at least not with me I could write it on my press and still forget every now and then :lol:

Oh the mirror thing never ends at least not with me I could write it on my press and still forget every now and then :lol:

Hey 300, I could have a sticky note on my forehead and still forget it was there. It's like me walking around looking for something and it's in my hand the whole time haahahah

Age.... gotta hate it :thumbsup::D

"Age":huh: You young kids complaining about age....

Wait, I had something else to say but I can't find that damned post-it note... :P

"Age":huh: You young kids complaining about age....

Wait, I had something else to say but I can't find that damned post-it note... :P

heehheehehhe :thumbsup::unsure:

Good to know that if I ever do the shirt thing to make sure the vinyl is the right way before pressing it!!! Knowing me I would have done the same thing too!!! :blink:

Seems I got tricked into doing a t-shirt for my daughter tonight. Came home from College and found out I was doing t's, so she ran right to the computer, searched & found this graphic and said "could you do that one for me?". How could I refuse... After a few minutes to vectorize it and heat up the press, off we went. At least she helped weed it. Since this would be my first "real" t-shirt, I thought I'd show it.

post-16768-0-25922300-1303709225_thumb.j