Synister

Thinking about getting into Vinyl Cutting

Sounds like a good hobby. Not looking to make it my immediate profession but it could lead to that. I've looked on ebay at a couple cutter packages. There are 2 from USCutter that I have been looking at Both are 28 inch cutters. One is the GOLD and the other is the PCUT. Which of these would be best for someone who is just starting out? Thanks in Advance for your replies

I did this recently and went with the PCUT CT900. Don't know why I went with the extra width, but it's nice to know it's there...

And, get the stand!

Inkscape is very good for design, but it's tracing confuses me...

Don't know about Flexi because I was too cheap to buy it when I got my cutter. I wish I had now... With Flexi you can contour cut.

Corel is great. My personal suggestion is to stay away from X3 and go for X$ or the new X5. They pulled center line trace out of X3 and that really comes in handy.

And you can download and use SignBlazer now to get used to it. Great program even if some don't like it much.

Sounds like a good hobby. Not looking to make it my immediate profession but it could lead to that. I've looked on ebay at a couple cutter packages. There are 2 from USCutter that I have been looking at Both are 28 inch cutters. One is the GOLD and the other is the PCUT. Which of these would be best for someone who is just starting out? Thanks in Advance for your replies

DO NOT GET THE MH Series

DO NOT GET THE MH Series

I had a mh-1351 that worked quite well for what it was - the pcut was better though

Inkscape is very good for design, but it's tracing confuses me...

Don't know about Flexi because I was too cheap to buy it when I got my cutter. I wish I had now... With Flexi you can contour cut.

Corel is great. My personal suggestion is to stay away from X3 and go for X$ or the new X5. They pulled center line trace out of X3 and that really comes in handy.

And you can download and use SignBlazer now to get used to it. Great program even if some don't like it much.

I have an extra copy of flexi 8.6 with contour cut if you are interested, I live in Palmyra. I got this last week when I had to replace my broke cutter.

Is that the dongle version? Flexi does that doesn't it? Sometimes my memory isn't what it should be...

If I can use it without having to be connected to the net like signcut, I'd be very interested. Send me a PM or e-mail about it and what you'd want for it. I would say that I could drive over and pick it up, but with the cost of gas, might be cheaper to mail it! Thanks...