I may go look at one of these I found used tonight or tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what to look for on a used one? He said its around 2 years old but works great and is willing to fire it up and show me. One other question, I am assuming all of these models have the optical for contour cutting. Is that correct?

I may go look at one of these I found used tonight or tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what to look for on a used one? He said its around 2 years old but works great and is willing to fire it up and show me. One other question, I am assuming all of these models have the optical for contour cutting. Is that correct?

Yes they do... I'd say have him cut something not just a test cut and you should be good to go

MM64 B)

Well I waited to long on the deal I found but I am ready to just go ahead and order a new one. I have read so many different opinions but what software seems to work best for contour cutting with this plotter? I have Corel X5, Inkscape. I would really like to find something that does NOT require an internet connection all the time to cut but will still contour cut. Any suggestions?

You can download plug-in from Graphtec website to cut directly from Corel.

Bring your own design to be cut.

A new Graphtec will come with Cutting Master 2, which is their plug-in for Illustrator and Corel. I don't know about compatibility with Inkscape. You can create registration marks, cut, and contour cut directly from your illustration software at that point. I'm extremely happy with my CE5000-60.