WeWork

PCUT CT900 cutting issues

I just upgraded from an MH871 cutter to a Creation PCUT CT900- and I've cut now 4-5 things on it and all of them are having alignment issues. When I use the step-by-step cutting in SignCut it's slightly better but it still keeps squishing letters together and on longer cuts by the end things can get compacted like 1" over only like 3' of length. Serious issue I never had with my MH871. I upgraded because that one had bad grounding issues and just couldn't handle the load we were giving it. Now I'm concerned the PCUT is not enough?? Can I fix this?

FYI I am using Mac OSX 10.5, SignCut, and have a keyserial thing to go from USB to serial (from USCutter).

Any help appreciated!

I also have a fairly new PCUT CT900, but I haven't had those problems. I also don't use signcut or have a mac, so I can't be much help there.

My only suggestion at the moment would be to upload a couple of examples so people can actually see what your problem is. Makes things much easier.

Other things. What kind of vinyl? Do you have the pressure rollers set on the black grooved sections of the roller? Did you properly adjust the blade height and pressure? All I can think of, but there's much more knowledgeable people here than me...

• Like 1

It's standard vinyl- avery but I forget the exact type. It doesn't have any grooves but as with the MH871 I just line the rollers up about 1-1/2" to 2" off the edges and then float the center one wherever.

I can't really upload an example since its white vinyl and hard to see- but basically when I cut out a word, the letters end up overlapping or not making complete shapes because the cut doesn't line back up with itself- if that makes sense?

Blade height and pressure are set correctly- the first few shapes on each cut are fine and the further down the vinyl roll it goes, the more the alignment gets screwed up.

If you look at the drive roller that the rubber pressure rollers sit on, there are black sections that have grooves in them. These black sections are where the pressure rollers should sit so they grip the vinyl sheet. You have to remove the vinyl to see the roller.

You could weed a section of where it went bad a take a photo of that. I use my phone camera for such things. It would help people figure this out.

Now, "squishing letters together and on longer cuts" and "not making complete shapes because the cut doesn't line back up with itself" are two very different things.

If the end cut doesn't line up with the beginning cut, it's usually an offset issue, set in the cutting software. If the letters are 'squished together' than that's a vinyl feed issue which could be many problems, such as a binding roll of vinyl or your pressure rollers in the wrong place or even the vinyl not set square to the cutter.

That's about all I can come up with as I haven't had this problem except for the glow-in-the-dark very heavy vinyl I tried cutting that wouldn't feed correctly...

• Like 1

OK I think I see what you mean about the rollers- I think I have them jsut arbitrarily placed and not aligned with the black on the bottom roller under the vinyl- hopefully that's the issue. Here's a similar problem to what i have:

l_a804b877006147f49154c4ef532f52b1.jpg

I think it is the rollers actually- because when I put the cutter into x/y adjustment mode and I just use the up/down to scroll the vinyl, it gets bunched up in the middle as I go back and forth and starts getting all screwed up to the point here i have to undo the pinch rollers and re-flatten out the vinyl.

Wow, that is bad! Sounds like a roller problem. Make sure you also unroll enough vinyl to cover the project so the cutter doesn't have to unroll it from the roll (if that makes sense). I usually feed it through a few feet and then feed it back to the starting point to make sure it's tracking correctly and to unroll the vinyl.

2 things make sure your carriage is on the track and check the grit wheel play - I have seen this before where the rollers are loose or the belt is loose

i am also facing same problem with my cutter ct900 not communicating with my pc window 7 

i have installed usb driver downloaded from many sits not of them worked still when i connect my machine getting message unknown device 

is there any one who can solve this error