paz21paz

Need to sub out some printing

I have a customer that wants some vinyl for his porta pots. But his son designed a logo that has to many colors for me to cut & make anything with my time.

He wants a white background aprox 12" x 15" with this logo. If anyone can price this for me & let me know when you could get it done that would be great. Of course just like everyone else he wants it yesterday. Thanks

don't mean to hijack your thread, but this image brings up a question i have...

at the risk of causing a sh*tstorm... if i were in your position i would possibly offer to clean up that image a bit before printing. I'm sure he is proud of his son's design, but it is a fairly rudimentary jpeg, pixellated, inconsistent line widths, background colors, etc... that would all be exacerbated once printed.

what do the rest of you think? this is one of the situations that i would be stuck in. on one hand, that is the image they gave him, so he should simply print it as-is... but that novice design might mistakenly reflect on me as the printer, and i would have an issue with that. i think i would offer to possibly 'clean it up for printing' before it went to the press, and see what kind of reaction it got from the customer. obviously the customer would want it to look as good as possible, and they may not realize the condition the actual image is or what it might look like upon completion, and it may be in their best interested to be informed, but at the risk of some hurt feelings... i dunno.

thoughts?

(let me know if this isn't wanted in the thread and i'll gladly remove.)

I have a better copy of it. And yes I see your point but before I would get it printed I would make sure it was cleaned up. But thanks for your response.

I always show the low quality aspects of the image to the customer, explain what it will take to fix, show them a large copy, and explain the shortcomings could be fixed in say 30 min of cleanup, explain that this will greatly increase the quality of their product and the appearance of their business. Of course you dont offer this cleanup for free. If the customer still doesn't want to pay the extra cost to clean it up, well that is his business not yours.

I have a better copy of it. And yes I see your point but before I would get it printed I would make sure it was cleaned up. But thanks for your response.

i'm happy to hear you've got a good copy. takes the guesswork out of it. :thumbsup:

Are you looking for t-shirts, signs, banners? Did see that in the post.

What color t-shirts? Since he wants a white back ground you can either use a white t-shirt with grey border, or a blue t-shirt and reduce one of the blue colors.

don't mean to hijack your thread, but this image brings up a question i have...

at the risk of causing a sh*tstorm... if i were in your position i would possibly offer to clean up that image a bit before printing. I'm sure he is proud of his son's design, but it is a fairly rudimentary jpeg, pixellated, inconsistent line widths, background colors, etc... that would all be exacerbated once printed.

what do the rest of you think? this is one of the situations that i would be stuck in. on one hand, that is the image they gave him, so he should simply print it as-is... but that novice design might mistakenly reflect on me as the printer, and i would have an issue with that. i think i would offer to possibly 'clean it up for printing' before it went to the press, and see what kind of reaction it got from the customer. obviously the customer would want it to look as good as possible, and they may not realize the condition the actual image is or what it might look like upon completion, and it may be in their best interested to be informed, but at the risk of some hurt feelings... i dunno.

thoughts?

(let me know if this isn't wanted in the thread and i'll gladly remove.)

I don't think that is thread-jacking at all ( this comes from part of a professional thread jacking team :) ) & it actually is a great point . It is VERY relevant & important . I would suggest to tell the customer that & have something signed to avoid issues if they did not want a superior finished product . That would avoid a similiar issue that arose on this forum recently .......... Any story can be told afterwards , but something signed takes the lies out it . I agree , inferior work looks bad on the producer , EVEN IF that was what the customer wanted .