I just purchased a new copam 2500 and the usb connection is working fine, but after I've printed a job the display on the machine says "Cutting" and I can't advance the vinyl - so I have to turn the machine off and then it works. I'm using Flexisign pro 8.1 and windows 7.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not real sure if I understand your problem, Are you saying while it is cutting that the vinyl is not moving? Or that it does not move forward after the job is done?

the advance after plot command feature does not work on all vinyl cutters. Some cutters cannot read it. But make sure you have advance after plot clicked in your software, also note Flexi8.1 is not even Vista compatible, and was not Vista compatible til version 8.5, and your running it on a newer operating system than that.

• Like 1

After the job is completed it makes a final cut (box) around what I just printed and the cutter goes back to its original position. There is no way to "form feed" the vinyl so I can cut it. The display says (cutting) - so, I power off the cutter and then menu comes on then I can advance the vinyl to cut it. I tried using Sign Blazer but it keeps locking up and giving me errors (I've tried the trial mode).

what you are referring to is advance after plot, If it does not do that, even though you have advance after plot checked in the cutting software, it's not going to, The cutter cannot read the the command. You will just have to advance the vinyl manually and cut it off.

• Like 1

I use SignBlazer & have a Copam 2500 . I ususlly have the " weed each copy " clicked , so it cuts the weed line & goes back to the position to start another job . All I have to do is use the slot to cut off the just finsihed job . So it seems you don't have the right box clicked .

Edit ; just read you are using Flexi . I have Flexi & when i have used it , it advanced the vinyl to where all I had to do was cut the job off also .

mine used to advance after plot . . . hmmmmmm -try the serial connection for trouble free use