eashonk

Free Open Office Pricing Calculator

I made this in open office/calc for quick quotes. All you have to do is fill out the boxes marked in yellow, and it gives you a price you can quote your customer. You can even change the markups without changing any of the formulas, so you don't need to know how to use spreadsheet formulas to customize the form. The form is also set up to show you what your overall cost and profit of the job is, I am going to continue to add tables as I quote different types of jobs, such as vehicle jobs. I would like to make the markups variable depending on quantity values, but since I am myself new to using calc, I haven't yet figured out how to do that. I am thinking about including labor costs also. Any feedback or requested additions are welcome, the only thing I ask is that if you modify it in some manner, you allow me access to a copy of it so I may possibly integrate it into my original. I could see this evolving into a very useful file.

Vinyl Pricing Calculator.zip

• Like 1

Well,I would like to share my file with you all, but it says that I cannot upload this type of file. Also tried putting it in a .rar file and it said the same thing. Any help getting this up would be appreciated.

Well,I would like to share my file with you all, but it says that I cannot upload this type of file. Also tried putting it in a .rar file and it said the same thing. Any help getting this up would be appreciated.

Did you try zipping it.

If not send it to me and I'll host it and you can link it here to download

Do you have Open Office installed? It won't work with 'Word'

And it looks good. So my peeonGas sticker is worth $11.20 :D

unzipped it but word wont open it?

you can get open office here:

http://www.openoffice.org/

Open office is a free open source alternative to Microsoft Office. It contains all the same components and is customizable. And best of all, it is not part the huge monopoly which is Microsoft.

Do you have Open Office installed? It won't work with 'Word'

And it looks good. So my peeonGas sticker is worth $11.20 :D

Thank you, thank you. Good to know that $30,000 Graphic Arts degree is paying for itself!!

Hey guy's try this for MS Office Excel

Hope you don't mind the mod EASHONK

Nope, its ok, I just like to promote the use of good free open source software.

As do I, I've used openoffice for years and support them as well! :thumbsup:

Thanks for both of you guys' hard work!!! I grabbed it and plugged numbers in it and it is working. I am trying to figure out the less then 50 and more than 50 and 50 - 100 blocks, but it seems to work pretty smooth!!!

the excell one worked fine thank you. I do use open office, i was trying to open the first one with excell and it wouldnt go maybe i had a bad download

No it wasn't a bad download FF. It's an .ods file, which is an open office extension.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for both of you guys' hard work!!! I grabbed it and plugged numbers in it and it is working. I am trying to figure out the less then 50 and more than 50 and 50 - 100 blocks, but it seems to work pretty smooth!!!

The different quantity boxes have different markup ratios. The markup is denoted by the number codes next to the different quantity boxes (A,B,C..etc.), you can see what markup you are using by referencing the markup box on the right. So if someone orders 10 stickers, they pay more per sticker than if they were to order 50 stickers. The yard signs are not setup this way yet, but they will be. I wanted the markup tables to be easy to edit so you could adjust your markup on the fly without having to modify the formulas. For the same reason I wanted the profit shown so you could know exactly where you were at and could haggle to get those tough customers.

Also, you need only to set the numbers in the box corresponding to the quantity you want to quote, for instance, say you are quoting a job for 35 stickers, and then they change their mind and want to know how much 100 are. Before you plug in the numbers in the 100 or more calculator, you will have to change the quantity in the less than 50 calculator back to 0. However, lets say they want 35 3x5 stickers, AND 100 4x8 stickers, you can plug in all the information in both boxes and it will give you an accurate total. This however will give you a per sticker price based on the total quantity of stickers regardless of size. You can even add yard signs, and stakes to the order and get accurate results, which will give you a per sign price separate from the per sticker pricing.

I know this topic is old but I'm just getting into the business and this is the first calc. i found that actually worked. Just curious what it was using for price of matierals such as vinyl, is it adding in the cost of transfer tape, also does this inculde a rate for time to make say the yard signs? sorry if these sound dumb, I'm just curious and wnat to make sure i know all i can before i start to quote jobs.

I know this topic is old but I'm just getting into the business and this is the first calc. i found that actually worked. Just curious what it was using for price of matierals such as vinyl, is it adding in the cost of transfer tape, also does this inculde a rate for time to make say the yard signs? sorry if these sound dumb, I'm just curious and wnat to make sure i know all i can before i start to quote jobs.

When i set up this file, it was for my own personal use, so I used the costs as I determined them at the time.  I used the price of vinyl I was purchasing from U.S. cutters, including shipping.  I simply made the program calculate how many square inches of vinyl a job would require (ie. 2"x2"=4" square inches)  multiply that times your cost of vinyl, times markup, times quantity, gives you quote amount,  (minus sq inches required x cost x quantity = profit)  I did not figure in tape because is is nominal, like .0003 cents /sq inch I think, and as far as labor, I just increased my markups until I found a range that I was comfortable with.  With very little knowledge you could easily add in an estimated labor cost box (like entering the estimated amount of time you think it will take x how much you want to charge for labor per hour)  and also add in the cost of tape to the base cost of the vinyl.  You could also make the formulas reference cells which have these values in them so if you wanted to change them you could do so without modifying the formulas.  for instance, if you wanted to make it easy to change the cost of vinyl, you could change the formula to say instead of ".0003" x blah blah blah, it would say value=a2xblah blah blah, so anytime you changed the value in cell a2, the formula would plug in that number and spit out a new result.  Really just algebra with an 2 dimensional grid references.  Pretty simple to figure out.

Thanks eashonk. great to have. I am new to this and was wondering - not a math expert :) here- is the table comparable to todays pricing since I noticed you created this in 2009. Would there be a way for you to update the price points for those of us that don't play well with numbers. :) and repost. I know it is a lot to ask but I could never figure it. Thanks.

I dont really remember how I made it!! it was my first attempt, I did it from start to finish in one weekend, and never used the calculation functions since that time. However, I have found through experience that one person's costs and profit margins in this industry and very different, even in the same area.  So, what i suggest, is carefully read this e-mail and sit down with a pen and paper and really evaluate your costs, no calculator is going to work correctly if you don't know your own numbers.

First of all, notice all the boxes on the right that say "Markup Table".  Those values correspond to the different quantity tables in yellow on the left.  So, starting at the top in the markup table, value A effects only the yellow "less than 50" column, which is marked with an A on the left. Also, if the version you have has the yard sign calculator, it has its own markup table so you can change the markups on vinyl separately from the markups on yard signs.  So, if you change the value in Markup A in the top section from say 50 to 75, you will only effect the end value in the less than 50 10x10 yellow column.  I have adjusted these several times when i thought my prices was kind of low, so my markup table is as follows:  A:75 B:50  C:25  D:15 E:5 F:5

Now, what you really need to do first before messing with the markup tables, is figure your vinyl cost per square inch.  take the cost of the vinyl+shipping figured in square inches, do the same for application tape, add the app tape and vinyl cost per square inch together and that value will be the value you place in the red box titled "vinyl cost (per sq").  If you have the yard sign calculator, there is a separate vinyl cost box in that section.  For the most part these values can stay the same.  You should only change these if you are buying reflective or some sort of special vinyl where your cost changes significantly, which is why I left the values here where you could change them. 

Once you have figured your true vinyl per square inch cost and replaced these values, you can then freely change the markup values for each different yellow section until you get them all where you are comfortable.  I often fudge with these if I am doing work for a friend, or someone i don't like.  I'll go low or high, and since my cost is always shown while I am changing the #'s, I know I will never lose money.

so, those two sections are the only two you really ever need to change, unless or course you have the yard sign calculator, then you can also update the stake and substrate cost as well depending on your situation and materials being used.  once again, you need to figure and change the red "vinyl cost (per sq") values, and the stake "cost"/substrate "cost" values.  then, you may freely change the markup values.  These are the only boxes you will change, ever besides quantities and measurements anyway.

I hope that was clear, I really made it for myself and didn't expect to ever give it away until people kept asking for it.