GailNasiatka

Sign-Cut 4 hour support

Yesterday I paid $14.95 for sign-cut 4 hour support and never received a call. I am disputing my paypal charge. Is there any support from Sign-Cut?

If I've read these two threads correctly, your cutting issues are the result of the files sent to SignCut having more cut lines than desired and now resolved?

It does seem like the folks at signcut are more worried about money and profit than helping customers. If you read back on my post about my first experience with them... They invalidated my license, which was only a 1 year free one that i found come with the plotter when it was shipped to the company I purchased. A lot of folks chastised me for expecting them to honor it- when the license should have been owned by the company in the first place. I purchased part of a company- the rest was the customers which couldn't come with me to another state.... so end story- they removed support for a 1 year free license that was sold with a plotter by USCUTTER. What did that gain? I am not happy about it.

However, how long had you waited for an answer from support? They do gurantee support if you have a valid license- which one do you have? I guess if you had waited days without an answer you may be justified, but if it would have been me they would get constant emails until I got an answer. I wouldn't spend a dime to get one- because it would be justified since you knew what you were buying into, unless of course they never contacted you in the 4 hour timeframe.

I see both sides of the fence...

If I've read these two threads correctly, your cutting issues are the result of the files sent to SignCut having more cut lines than desired and now resolved?

Yes resolved from a member here and I am greatful for that.

It does seem like the folks at signcut are more worried about money and profit than helping customers. If you read back on my post about my first experience with them... They invalidated my license, which was only a 1 year free one that i found come with the plotter when it was shipped to the company I purchased. A lot of folks chastised me for expecting them to honor it- when the license should have been owned by the company in the first place. I purchased part of a company- the rest was the customers which couldn't come with me to another state.... so end story- they removed support for a 1 year free license that was sold with a plotter by USCUTTER. What did that gain? I am not happy about it.

However, how long had you waited for an answer from support? They do guarantee support if you have a valid license- which one do you have? I guess if you had waited days without an answer you may be justified, but if it would have been me they would get constant emails until I got an answer. I wouldn't spend a dime to get one- because it would be justified since you knew what you were buying into, unless of course they never contacted you in the 4 hour time frame.

I see both sides of the fence...

I have two cutters. I recently bought the second one and received a 1-year license.

As far as the licenses. I figured out what happened. I was using both cutters on one computer before I moved. Just changed the cord. Since I moved I have a new desktop along with my laptop and wanted to hook up both and use at the same time. Unfortunately, that isn't how the lisences work. It's a transfer not multiple machine usage. So with that said, I will keep one with the lisences and will have to purchase the dongle for the other. I will still have to renew the license once the year is up but only for one instead of two machines. Of course, unless there is a better alternative to save me money.

As for the 4-hour priority support that I paid $14.95 for? Never got a phone call. It has been since 4/7/2011.

At the same time I wrote to support and received some lame response. Now here is her response to my question for help. I absolutely know my file wasn't ready and this isn't a response I was needing. I needed help not someone to analyze that it's not ready to cut.

kim, Apr-08 15:59 (CDT):

Your file is barely cut ready with alot of artifacts and extra points that should be cleaned up. You also have quite a few duplicate objects. You have white bd black layers of the same objects. You either need to clean up the image or use the cut by color feature in SignCut and only cut the black, although it has a lot of ragged edges.

Sorry to bump an old thread -

I'm a software engineer at Whisqu Graphic (the company that develops SignCut) and I found this thread while looking around the web to see if I could find any mention of software bugs, etc. Sounds like you've had some problem with the support. Obviously something went wrong with your support process. I'm not a support person (as I'm the programmer) but if you send me a mail at matt@signcut.net I will happily pass it along to our company owner. I am sure he will want to get in touch with you to figure out what went wrong and prevent this from happening again.

• Like 1

Hi ezFix,

What was your problem with SC Pro and what was the answers the rude clowns provided you?

We are here to learn from others mistakes you know. :-)

Paco

Hi ezFix,

What was your problem with SC Pro and what was the answers the rude clowns provided you?

We are here to learn from others mistakes you know. :-)

Paco

Signcut once had a very active presence on this forum. I don't know what happened or why but this is no longer the case.

Seems they updated their website, and are planning on bringing out a new version- However a while back the one gal I talked to said there would not be a price increase for it. Apparently they were right- they just raised the price on the current version (via site-direct) and then it will remain the same once SC Pro 2 comes out.

Figures....

Kinda like going to walmart and buying a smaller box of cereal (same size for appearances, but not as deep of a box) and 2 oz less for same price. Or 4lb smaller bag of dog or cat food for the same price 20-22lb bags used to be, their now 16-17.

They also state on the "Lifetime" license they only offer 3 years of support with it... the dongle is essentially only for the program license itself... so its not an "end all" if you need support. FIGURES><

Seems they updated their website, and are planning on bringing out a new version- However a while back the one gal I talked to said there would not be a price increase for it. Apparently they were right- they just raised the price on the current version (via site-direct) and then it will remain the same once SC Pro 2 comes out.

Figures....

Kinda like going to walmart and buying a smaller box of cereal (same size for appearances, but not as deep of a box) and 2 oz less for same price. Or 4lb smaller bag of dog or cat food for the same price 20-22lb bags used to be, their now 16-17.

In all fairness , not much gets cheaper & price increases is normal business in all business types . EX: Let the vinyl double/triple in price & see if anybody stays at the same price for finished decals . That price increase would have happened even if a new version was not coming out . SignCut is the best cutting software there is . If you don't need that quality , cheaper stuff is available . I don't subscribe to SignCut simply because i don't do enough volume or that precise work to justify it , plus SignBlazer does everything I want . ;)

• Like 1

In all fairness , not much gets cheaper & price increases is normal business in all business types . EX: Let the vinyl double/triple in price & see if anybody stays at the same price for finished decals . That price increase would have happened even if a new version was not coming out . SignCut is the best cutting software there is . If you don't need that quality , cheaper stuff is available . I don't subscribe to SignCut simply because i don't do enough volume or that precise work to justify it , plus SignBlazer does everything I want . ;)

I was going to buy the lifetime dongle, but now after having purchased my graphtec, cutting directly from corel is simply too convenient.

:thumbsup: I have started playing around with Corel . A bit fancy for me , but once I get up to speed on what is what as far as description & location , I am sure it is going to be great . I still intend on geting SignCut mainly for the weedline placement feature .

Yesterday I paid $14.95 for sign-cut 4 hour support and never received a call. I am disputing my paypal charge. Is there any support from Sign-Cut?

Hello. I am one of those who work with support on Signcut. I would like to contact me at therese@whisqu.se. If you never got any solution to the problem you paid money for, I would repay the money to you. This was a service we removed long ago but that you somehow bought anyway. We do not charge for the services we do not deliver.

Email me and we will solve this and I am very sorry for what happened.

Regards,

Therese Löfström

SignCut Sweden

• Like 1