bmrcdd

Amazingly poor Service

I've been in business in different indistries for several years & My screenprinting business has taken off since I started it 16 months ago. It utterly shocks me that US Cutter can operate a business with such poor customer service and employee attitudes in this day and time. I have Never, Ever run across such poor cutomer service in my life. Their phone system is intentionally set to disconnect you after 10 minutes of hold time unless you opt to go back to the main menu & start over. Unbelievable!. goodby Click! I spent 2+ hrs in the hold cycle on Monday (with 5 disconnects) and another hour and 45+ minutes yesterday with 4 disconnects. One of those disconnects being intentional - Finally I did reach a person, who put me on hold. After the 10 minute hold cycle I was picked up & immediately put on hold again to clear the hold recall timer....After nearly 10 more minutes was picked up & disconnected. I've worked in the Telephone industry for 28 yrs...I know what is happening.

All of this grief over a small piece of plastic -the arm that holds the blade cutter via a thumbscrew..A piece that should be stocked by the hundreds and cost no more than a couple bucks retail at the most....to be then told that I must buy a complete $25 carriage assembly. Does the OWNER of US Cutter know that stocking that little part (which seemed to surprise the person I talked to that it broke) could keep existing customers coming back for other larger purchases??? Certainly the employees I talked to didn't understand that concept at all. In my business I occationally give an item like that away for FREE, knowing that keeping the cutomers happy with an insignificant inexpensive item will keep them coming back as their businesses grow & expand to more & larger purchases.

Needless to say, I won't be doing further business with US cutter, and I did file a complaint with the BBB. From the looks of the poor service across the board from both this forum and others, That's the only way that MAYBE US Cutter will ever wake up & make some business practice and management changes. Just complaining on these forums will probably never change anything. It just amazes me that in 2011 a company can treat customers so badly & still be in business.

sorry you had such a poor experience. unfortunately i can say that the BBB doesnt mean jack sh*t and wont amount to anything.

• Like 1

I've been in business in different indistries for several years & My screenprinting business has taken off since I started it 16 months ago. It utterly shocks me that US Cutter can operate a business with such poor customer service and employee attitudes in this day and time. I have Never, Ever run across such poor cutomer service in my life. Their phone system is intentionally set to disconnect you after 10 minutes of hold time unless you opt to go back to the main menu & start over. Unbelievable!. goodby Click! I spent 2+ hrs in the hold cycle on Monday (with 5 disconnects) and another hour and 45+ minutes yesterday with 4 disconnects. One of those disconnects being intentional - Finally I did reach a person, who put me on hold. After the 10 minute hold cycle I was picked up & immediately put on hold again to clear the hold recall timer....After nearly 10 more minutes was picked up & disconnected. I've worked in the Telephone industry for 28 yrs...I know what is happening.

All of this grief over a small piece of plastic -the arm that holds the blade cutter via a thumbscrew..A piece that should be stocked by the hundreds and cost no more than a couple bucks retail at the most....to be then told that I must buy a complete $25 carriage assembly. Does the OWNER of US Cutter know that stocking that little part (which seemed to surprise the person I talked to that it broke) could keep existing customers coming back for other larger purchases??? Certainly the employees I talked to didn't understand that concept at all. In my business I occationally give an item like that away for FREE, knowing that keeping the cutomers happy with an insignificant inexpensive item will keep them coming back as their businesses grow & expand to more & larger purchases.

Needless to say, I won't be doing further business with US cutter, and I did file a complaint with the BBB. From the looks of the poor service across the board from both this forum and others, That's the only way that MAYBE US Cutter will ever wake up & make some business practice and management changes. Just complaining on these forums will probably never change anything. It just amazes me that in 2011 a company can treat customers so badly & still be in business.

" Nice " 1rst post . I have seen several 1rst posts like this & know some of them are sincere , but know some are from people or competitors just throwing mud .

There was a recent post from Levi , who is an administrator for USCutter , that said they have had problems with the phone system they recently put in . Another member had the same experience with the phones as you did . Levi described the problem & apologized .

As far as the $25 plastic part .. I guess that is part of being welcomed to 2011 IMO . I needed a small part of a carburetor for a Honda Generator .. that part was not available either . I had to buy the complete carb for $200 . Main difference , I did not try to tell Honda how to run their business . I recently had to pay $125 for a 1' piece of air hose for an air compressor . I was shocked at the price .. but some things are just part of doing business . To me .. the difference in a couple bucks as you describe & getting a complete new carriage for $25 is very trivial . The reality is that the carriage may be an item they updated because of previous problems .. maybe even what caused your part to fail :huh: Honda stocks parts by a rating of A - Z .. with parts consumed the most being an " A " part & the least often ordered part rated a " Z " . I am sure every company stocks stuff with a similar system ... Sounds like the part you need is a " Z " part .

• Like 1

Being such a savvy business man why did you buy a value cutter to do business and not a professional machine . . . .?

I don't expect the same service from Sams club as I do from sears either on appliances - if I want the service I pay more at sears, if I want the best price I go to Sams

PS there has been a phone problem lately after an upgrade - I doubt it is intentional, even if you recognized your own M.O. of working as a phone solicitor for 28 years

• Like 1

Sorry guy, but I'm with Rodger on this.... you are complaining about a little $25.00 part that "is" the whole carriage assembly.

What I have found out in life, IF that part your speaking of is worn, it would be my guess the whole thing is gone as well.

It's like replacing the brakes on a car and only fixing one wheel?

Or replacing the pad on one side of the rotor and leaving the old one on the other side :huh:

People NEVER cease to amaze me with their intelligence.......................

• Like 1

I still haven't had to use support so maybe I'm lucky? I may even get upset if their phones are messed up and on my dime. But I would also understand the problems of a new phone system and try backing up phone calls with e-mails and maybe even fax!

As far as that $25 part? To me, that part for that price was comforting and one on the plus side when I decided to purchase my new CT900 36" PCUT (model mentioned for Ash's sake ;D ). I think it's a reasonable price for what it is in today's market.

Just my 2 cents, and now I'm broke...

• Like 1

That's funny, they must have been talking to me. Cause every single time I've called they answered in less than5 mins. Even with the phone problems. So what is the name of your successful business and can you share so of your outstanding work?

Please don't jump on this guy in our support. Our phone system shouldn't act as he described. After being on hold 10 minutes, the phone should go to voicemail so that we can call the customer back. I would be furious too. We are investigating the issue. I am locking this thread.