360_Media

Never meant to become a vinyl cutter...

I never meant to become a vinyl cutter or have my company really advertise/promote the service. I've always received orders from my clients and outsourced it... Until I received a HUGE order and realized that the order would pay for the cutter, materials AND I'd even be left with a small profit.

I guess my point is: anyone who is considering to buy a cutter and start selling should totally pursue it. It's good business! :)

Order = $1,200 Cost of cutter & materials = $998 Profit = $202

Business is great when 1st orders work out like that....I was well ahead of the game about a week after I got my cutter....

:thumbsup:

I was in the same boat. Purchased a lower end plotter about a year and a half ago. Now I run it, a roland gx24 (which I have outgrown) and a 48" Mutoh. I don't think I have made any "profit" I just keep buying more equipment...

Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:

I was in the same boat. Purchased a lower end plotter about a year and a half ago. Now I run it, a roland gx24 (which I have outgrown) and a 48" Mutoh. I don't think I have made any "profit" I just keep buying more equipment...

Keep up the good work!

It's an evil conspiracy on the part of the equipment manufacturers.

I'm on the opposite side, completely.

I've made very little money so far, don't advertise or anything obviously, but we'll be moving overseas, and with all this learning experience and help from forums like this one, I can open my own shop once we get established and start making money once and for all.

Te affordability of these cutters is a double-edged sword, because is easier to get started, but at the same time is easier for a LOT of people to get into this, but I think that quality and service should separate you frm the rest and not price, but things are hard nowadays, so we must be patient

I'm on the opposite side, completely.

I've made very little money so far, don't advertise or anything obviously, but we'll be moving overseas, and with all this learning experience and help from forums like this one, I can open my own shop once we get established and start making money once and for all.

Te affordability of these cutters is a double-edged sword, because is easier to get started, but at the same time is easier for a LOT of people to get into this, but I think that quality and service should separate you frm the rest and not price, but things are hard nowadays, so we must be patient

I agree on the double edged sword perspective 100 % . Makes a very competitive buesiness all the more competitive . I have had the same thing happen in several other types of business . decent money is still available , but not aslucritive as it used to be . I also agree service & quality will make a difference .

I agree with all the above. My current large order of shirts is giving me the ability to order a Epson 1100 with CIS. I believe I got the order because I actually spent some extra time enhancing their logo, whereas the person they usually use just used a very basic design for their shirts. On top of that, they were paying more than I am charging them, so it's a win win.

Jive

Outstanding!! Same with me as many others. Started as a part time thing for personal use or for friends. Sold enough in the first few months to pay for original cutter and supplies. NOW, I've found myself unemployed ohmy.gif(R.V.sales for 11 years} and am going try to make it a full time career. THANKS TO EACH AND EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM. I've picked up more advise and "tips" by checking the foruum when I ran into a problem. Practice is the key.Signblazer came with my MH721 from US Cutter and really has great features..........anyway THANKS AGAIN to one and all !!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought my cutter for art and curiosity (and to save money buying decals) but have easily made my money back on it (Laserpoint 24) selling decals of various types. I'm expanding into domed decals and next, totally custom shirts with my own art. What comes after that, who knows? Gotta love it though.

I bought my cutter for art and curiosity (and to save money buying decals) but have easily made my money back on it (Laserpoint 24) selling decals of various types. I'm expanding into domed decals and next, totally custom shirts with my own art. What comes after that, who knows? Gotta love it though.

What's domed decals?

What's domed decals?

Decals (printed or vinyl) with an epoxy urethane resin poured on to them, which cures into a glass-like 'dome' due to the surface tension of the resin. The dome is hard when dry and has a slight magnification effect as well as providing extra weather, UV protection and a little 3D effect to your decal.

You'll see these on boats, cars, computer cases, etc.

That's interesting. How big can these domes be? And how do you keep it where you want it?

Maybe a better question would be, is there any info out there that explains it all? :lol: Okay, google... when I get time...