Sign in to follow this  
theishkid

Plotters coming... things I need to know???

Just ordered... Creation PCut 24", Keyspan adapter, Flexistarter 8.6, roll of Oracal 651.

I'm on a 15" Macbook Pro (the one right before unibodies came out), running 10.6.7.

I'm just wondering if there is anything I need to know before this thing comes? Any pointers? Any definitely do's? Definitely don'ts?

Order of installation? Drivers I should download ahead of time? Etc.

I'm just trying to get any information possible to make sitting things up as smoothly as possible.

Anything you wish you knew when you were sitting yours up?

I've read a lot in the past couple of weeks contemplating the purchase but it's all been fragmented or for other software/plotters/etc.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

If you haven't read it yet, Read the Newbie Manual, download in first

I had downloaded that and will take another. I had only skimmed through it though because it seemed like it was mainly for pc user that use a different software and a different plotter. I'm sure many of the variables are the same so I'll go back through it. But I'm really looking for someone with my same position.

I had downloaded that and will take another. I had only skimmed through it though because it seemed like it was mainly for pc user that use a different software and a different plotter. I'm sure many of the variables are the same so I'll go back through it. But I'm really looking for someone with my same position.

So, what are you planning on using for design software? Flexistarter is mainly cutting software.

• Like 1

So, what are you planning on using for design software? Flexistarter is mainly cutting software.

I've got Adobe CS5 so i'll be using Illustrator.

Most cutters all set up the same way. And operate the same way. There is a lot of great info in the Newbie manual.

Other great info in these folders, drivers etc.

http://support.uscutter.com/

I hear what you're saying and I'm going back over the manual... I guess I'm just a little nervous about setup on a mac, I'm not seeing things like that anywhere. They're talking about com ports, baud rates... Does all that info transfer to the mac?