Watson91

Plotter Test Sheets?

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a test sheet or cut straight to vinyl?

• Always
    • Sometimes
    • Never

I am just wondering whether people use Plotter Kraft Paper (or similar products) do make "test cuts" before cutting onto the actual vinyl sheet. I am new to the craft, and just wondering if this was something I should consider. I won't be doing a lot of cutting and don't plan to take on any big jobs.

I've used paper in my cutter but not to cut. i take a sharpie and put in instead of the blade to draw out the design.

I am just wondering whether people use Plotter Kraft Paper (or similar products) do make "test cuts" before cutting onto the actual vinyl sheet. I am new to the craft, and just wondering if this was something I should consider. I won't be doing a lot of cutting and don't plan to take on any big jobs.

Don't try to cut paper with it unless you have a carrier sheet or you will mess up the cutting strip that runs about 20 bucks

I use a pen to plot if I'm unsure about the image

MM64 B)

Does the blade cut into the cutting strip? What effects does it have if that is to happen?

that scars the cutting strip & leaves a groove that can mess up future cuts depending on how deep . there is a cheap repair avaiable . scrape any burrs off the strip & use reflective tape to make a cover .

I should have said reflective vinyl . It is called reflective tape , conspiciuity tape etc by D.O.T. requirements . It is the red/white decals that are on commercial trailers ( required by law ) The stuff that has the D.O.T. rating seems thicker than some other stuff i have bought & may do a better repair , but I am not sure . Either would work , I'm sure . Advance Auto has small packs ( $6 ) if anybody needs to buy a small amount .

I keep a roll of discount store kraft paper for other uses and have found it handy to draw out a project if there is any question of how a graphic will fill the area availabe. While SignCut is able to print out a design, I've found the actual size to impress clients (acquaintances) better when they receive the cost e$timate and it's certainly less costly than using vinyl for this purpose.