Sign in to follow this  
racinboy30

Shipping from tenn.

I ordered an fairly large order for myself last week on weds, the order never shipped until fri, and I'm in NY. So why did it take so long? I need the order tonight to start a 3 car team racecars, and over $1600 dollars of work on the line. It left Memphis on friday and it is not here yet is just absurd. I realize fedex is second best, but come on! I would rather eat the cost, if it going to take 6 days to receive a shipment from Tenn. The tracking says the shipment left tenn fri night, so it should have been here in NY by early am considering it's only 8 hrs away.

I ordered an fairly large order for myself last week on weds, the order never shipped until fri, and I'm in NY. So why did it take so long? I need the order tonight to start a 3 car team racecars, and over $1600 dollars of work on the line. It left Memphis on friday and it is not here yet is just absurd. I realize fedex is second best, but come on! I would rather eat the cost, if it going to take 6 days to receive a shipment from Tenn. The tracking says the shipment left tenn fri night, so it should have been here in NY by early am considering it's only 8 hrs away.

8 hours? :unsure: I am a whole lot closer to Memphis in Indiana, and it is close to 10 hours to Memphis from me. It's approx 17-18 hours to you depending on where you are in NY. And that is driving straight thru. You cannot count the weekend. only business days. So what is the ETA?

• Like 1

8 hours? :unsure: I am a whole lot closer to Memphis in Indiana, and it is close to 10 hours to Memphis from me. It's approx 17-18 hours to you depending on where you are in NY. And that is driving straight thru. You cannot count the weekend. only business days. So what is the ETA?

I can be at the florida state line in 20 hr 18 if I really hustle. Tenn is that far, been there before and even taking my time its 12 hrs.

Next I order it on wed evening, it should have shipped thurs, not friday. So it shipped friday, even leaving there terminal on friday at 4:26 am it should have been here no later than friday evening. It's probably at the local terminal now, but hasn't been scanned in. It will more than likely take ground two more day to make the 20 min trip from that terminal. I realize this is nothing to do with UScutter. Fedex sucks anyway you look at it.

did you do ground shipping? if i needed it that bad i would have at least sprang for 2 day shipping

did you do ground shipping? if i needed it that bad i would have at least sprang for 2 day shipping

If I had done that, i would have ordered from beacon, it would have been here friday and it would have cost me almost $100 more! I realize shipping it ground takes time. But 3 days from Tenn, to Binghamton NY is not even fast. It is entirely too slow. I drove from NY to LA in three days. The simple fact is that it left at 4:30 am friday, 11 hours at 55 mph is 605 miles on a Log book. Its ruffly 1075 miles to Binghamton from Memphis. It still should have been here this morning AM and out for delivery.

Typical shipping from Memphis to NY is 2 or 3 days.....

http://www.sanantonioblueprints.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/shippingtimes.png

The Fedex map section is down right now so this is a map I found via Google....

It more like 4 days now, one because it will not go out for delivery till morning and next ground won't get to me till 4 or 5 pm tomorrow. Thus turning a 6 day turn around from order to receiving.

Plus, now the last serveral times I ordered and shipped Fedex, the manage to deliver it to the wrong house, or they can't find it for some reason and don't deliver it. I literally will have to stand out at the end of the driveway and flag them down. And one of the delivery guys live 4 houses down the road.

You should check with Fedex Ground to see if they are supposed to deliver to your location.....Some addresses are actually in a Fedex Home zone.....Especially businesses operated from a residential location....If your location is actually a business location as defined by Fedex's complex rules as to what is a business location you may need to have them change information in their data base....Business locations usually need to be open to receive shipments from 9 to 5 M to F....If your package was shipped Fedex Ground and needed to be transferred to Fedex Home this can sometimes cause extra transit time....