chadarcy

Need help making static cling business sign

I have a potential customer which would like a business sign for a front window, but needs to be removed from time to time. She would like the cling to attach on the inside of the window to read from the outside. I have never worked with cling before. I am assuming if it were going on the outside of the window and reading from the outside this would be no problem. I am picturing that you just lay vinyl colors ontop of the cling so that it is on the outer surface. But with it clinging to the inside of the window wouldn't you have to put the vinyl color (lettering) on the same surface of the cling that will be going on the window. Will that work, or am I going about this wrong? Please help to clarify the procedure for me.

Thanks in advance!

Chad

apply it on the same side of the cling but mirror image the design.

To make sure the way you are saying to do it the vinyl will be between the glass and the cling. If that is the case are you sure you have to mirror it.

I would apply to the side thats not touching the glass...

On the outside of the window you would cut it normal on the inside of the window you would cut it mirrored...

MM64 B)

I would apply to the side thats not touching the glass...

On the outside of the window you would cut it normal on the inside of the window you would cut it mirrored...

MM64 B)

Ok that is what I was thinking but how does that side of the vinyl look with the glue on it. Is this the normal way to do an cling being used on the inside of a window but read on the outside.

Ok that is what I was thinking but how does that side of the vinyl look with the glue on it. Is this the normal way to do an cling being used on the inside of a window but read on the outside.

I use Orcal 651 when I do windows and it looks the same on the glue side as it does on the no glue side

I think most clings are printed but I see no reason why this won't work

By putting the vinyl on the out side you have all the surface of the cling on the glass

MM64 B)

yup as i said mirror the design and put it on the regular side, it would look like complete crap if you tried to put it on the cling side. the backside of the vinyl looks just like the front. however be aware that you now have the adhesive in the sunlight so it will be exposed to more UV rays thus breaking it down quicker than normal.

yup as i said mirror the design and put it on the regular side, it would look like complete crap if you tried to put it on the cling side. the backside of the vinyl looks just like the front. however be aware that you now have the adhesive in the sunlight so it will be exposed to more UV rays thus breaking it down quicker than normal.

Thanks I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted me to put the vinyl on the cling side, which would be against the window.

Great help on this forum!!

I mirow cut orcal 651 & put on the inside of the back window on 2 vehicle on mine 3 years ago & they still look new . It depends alot on how many hours of direct sunlight a day