TSR6

cuts deeper in center - help?

My PCUT 36" cuts deeper towards the center of the cutter. I cut 30" race car numbers, and it cuts fine around the edges, but just a touch deeper in the middle - cutting through the backing paper too. What do I need to do?

check the cutting strip for damage ( where the blade has cut thru the backing paper before ) .. make sure the blade is not too far exposed ( if it is adjusted right , it can't cut thru the backing paper IMO ) . When I started out , I adjusted the pressure to compensate the blade being out too far . many others do the same . 100 grams of pressure is a ballpark , not alot lower .

I'm not in front of it - wont be for 24-hours. What is the cutting strip?

I'm not in front of it - wont be for 24-hours. What is the cutting strip?

It is the teflon strip running the width of your cutter directly under your blade holder,blade. it will be beneath the vinyl, when cutting. If it gets gouged up, it can cause problems,

Also try taking the blade holder out the of the cutter, in your hand, and cut across a piece of scrap vinyl. If you are making a mark in the vinyl backing, your blade is out too far. Adjust it in. and keep making test cuts, using the force to cut with, not a long blade sticking out.

Also make sure the carriage head is on the track firmly, the little white wheels should be in the track. and that you have the blade holder seated good.

• Like 2