Sign in to follow this  
Jive

SunIE 15x15 Value Press, didn't get a manual...

Got my SunIE press in the other day, and so far it works great. I'm using Ecoprint, and have made five shirts thus far. But, the press did not include a users guide. Not that I need one, but it would be nice to have. I know how to adjust pressure, but I am not sure what the adjustable bolt in the center of the press is for?

Jive

Got my SunIE press in the other day, and so far it works great. I'm using Ecoprint, and have made five shirts thus far. But, the press did not include a users guide. Not that I need one, but it would be nice to have. I know how to adjust pressure, but I am not sure what the adjustable bolt in the center of the press is for?

Jive

I don't see a single mention of any type of support,downloads,etc on the SunIE website. This alone would make me run.

center knob adjust pressure and - I have had one a couple of years and is a great press

You are correct - it is too bad they changed the design to the rear as I understand that is less reliable for even pressure and will change over time

dakota, how do you like your SunIE compared to your Hotronix? And which SunIE do you have? I am probably going to order a press tomorrow and I am trying to figure out which one to get.

Of course I love the hotronix more but the Sunie has been a very solid press. I personally only recommend the ones with over the center pressure adjustment like the more expensive presses have. I believe the back pressure presses are weaker and less consistent with pressure over the long run.

You are correct - it is too bad they changed the design to the rear as I understand that is less reliable for even pressure and will change over time

Not sure they changed it, as the one I have is the "value" press, the normal press looks like it has center pressure adjustment.

Jive

I don't think they changed the 15x15 but have on the bigger ones - big mistake IMHO

They still have the over the center pressure in the 15x15, but they also added another one with rear pressure. We bought one a couple years ago, still treats us well.