h2ylm

What Kind of Vinyl for Wall Decals ?

Hi , I can do T shirt Vinyl - and sign vinyl, but if i want to do wall decals which type of vinyl should i use???

Thank you in advance

Orocal 631 is made for indoor use, and will not damage painted walls. It is almost reusable with its low tack adhesive. Make sure to use the transfer tape for it though, it is made specifically for that vinyl.

Some folks love printed phototex but not me or my clients......Nothing beats the quality and finish of Oracal 631.....

I'll toss my vote in for the Oracal 631.

I'd suggest using the Main Tape Preview Plus GFX101 rather than the Oracal HT55 as application tape. We got a sample of the HT55 and bought some GFX101. The GFX works considerably better. The HT55 only semi-consistently lifted the vinyl from the release liner and then required quite a lot of force to peel up from the substrate. On the other hand, the HT55 stuck to the release liner pretty well and didn't bubble/wrinkle as the RTA product was handled (which is important if you're selling them RTA). The GFX grabs the vinyl well (which is rate with 631), is easy to lay onto the substrate, is easy to remove from the substrate, and only shows any sign of lifting the vinyl from the substrate if you're cutting really THIN shapes. On the other hand, the GFX101 is slightly harder to lay onto the cut vinyl without wrinkling and tends to lift and bubble a bit if you handle the RTA graphic a bit roughly.

Of course, then there's the whole clear vs paper debate, but that's not really about these specific products.

I've been doing wall art with 631 and think it's pretty good. Although I admit I don't have much experience yet. Is the HT55 tape that much better? I've been using Rtape 4075 (I think) which was the 'general purpose' stuff when I bought everything. No real problems with it but it does have trouble picking up the vinyl off the backing sometimes. I wouldn't mind trying something better.

I use 631 for all of my wall decals and it works great!!!! I am wanting a "cream" color and I see it comes in 651...does anyone know if 651 will work well for wall decals as well...and without damaging them like 631 does?

Thanks!

I have used 651 for painted walls & it removes some paint most of the time .

631 has more colours than 651 and beige is available in both.....The new designer colours of 631 have been good sellers.....

631 has more colours than 651 and beige is available in both.....The new designer colours of 631 have been good sellers.....

I use Oracal 631 also. I need to order other supplies though from a different vendor and they don't carry oracal. They have FDC Matte Calendered wall vinyl. 4300 series. Has anyone used this type before and if so what do you think of it?

Thanks

Christi

Will the 631 be suitable for walls that have an oil based paint or an oily finish to it?

• Like 1

I've been using Silhouette brand premium vinyl, it seems to adhere better to my textured walls than the standard Silhouette brand; but still not as easy to apply as a car window.

How does Oracal 631 compare, and adhere to textured walls?

Also I think I bought R Tape AT60 clear transfer tape, will that work with the Oracal 631? I'm not to impressed with it personally, at least not for walls, it might be better for windows.

What about FDC, or other brands?

Some folks love printed phototex but not me or my clients......Nothing beats the quality and finish of Oracal 631.....

I just received a sample of the Phototex yesterday and maybe I will try it this weekend.

The beauty of Phototex is its re-stick features, right?

631 is mostly a one time install.

I gotta cast another vote in for the 631 did it on the walls of the store front and now wow, I get a good amount of calls on it and do a good amount of installs

Mactac 8900. Once you try this, you'll never go back to that 631 crap. And you don't need special tape, and candles burning, and all that crap to get the vinyl to release from the backing. Unfortunately, the only place I've seen to get it is SW.

I have used the Mactac 8900 and CANNOT get it to release from the transfer tape!

Any suggestions.. The transfer tape I am using is called Main Tape 6'' x 300' Lay Flat Transfer tape.

Thanks!

Lori