ramy

JPSS and Heat Press Vinyl

Has anyone tried putting heat transfer vinyl on top of JPSS on t-shirts? If so, what kind of success/failures did you have?

Thanks

Rick

First of all Why? Transfers can have every color your printer can print.

They wanted this like their business card and the grapic was faded into background with the lettering in the foreground.

What I ended up trying was to sublimate the graphic on which on cotton shirts which gives a faded look and then I pressed on the vinyl.

Which ended up giving me the desired look like their business card. Besides listing the one line twice(oops), I think its what they want.

Before I make the other 12, I'll have them look at it.

post-6016-0-76360800-1301541592_thumb.jp

Does this sound right?

As I mentioned I did sublimation on the shirt to get the effect I was looking for(a faded background look) on a 100% cotton t-shirt.

I should have tested this but I didn't, but the customer said the ink washed out. Wasn't expecting that, just thought I was getting a vivid image by doing it on cotton.

I was using the sublimation ink from Cobrink.

Is washing out what you would have expected?

As far as I know sublimation won't work on cotton and will wash out and why is Garage and basement clean-out printed twice?

Sublimation works on polyester. If you want a distressed look, sublimate on a cotton/poly blend. If it's a 50/50 blend, roughly 50 percent will wash out (the cotton part).

Sublimation works on polyester. If you want a distressed look, sublimate on a cotton/poly blend. If it's a 50/50 blend, roughly 50 percent will wash out (the cotton part).

sublimation only works on polyester as mr300's said - there was a mailing recently that said chromoblast was sublimation also - that is incorrect - with sublimation the ink gases and dyes the polyester fibers - it will not attach or dye cotton

Thanks for clearing that up.

A lesson learned the hard way. One that I won't forget.

mr300s, the reason it was listed twice was by accident on that shirt. It was a sample one that I did as a test. Unfortunately I forgot to add washing the shirt as part of the test.

They wanted this like their business card and the grapic was faded into background with the lettering in the foreground.

What I ended up trying was to sublimate the graphic on which on cotton shirts which gives a faded look and then I pressed on the vinyl.

Which ended up giving me the desired look like their business card. Besides listing the one line twice(oops), I think its what they want.

Before I make the other 12, I'll have them look at it.

Hey Ramy, you should be able to do the same thing with just JPSS. The background would be a lighter grey scale image with dark black lettering layered on top. That would eliminate one step and some weeding. and some cost as well in materials.