Sign in to follow this  
crow11

mh1351 problems

hi all new to the forums but i have a major prob with my mh1351 only got it yesterday bought it second hand it was shown working at the time got it home was working come to do a first cut put the vinyl in set the blade went to cut it the screen went off but the fans still worked took the bottom off to have a look at the motherboard and power supply everything was plugged in ok,

after looking at the wires the fans will run anyway even if the power supply or mainboard went as they are connected directly to the 240v supply, had a tester on the outputs of the power supply and getting nothing at all to the outputs i noticed a green led on the power board which doesnt light up either checked both fuses all ok getting power to the big capacitor on the powersupply now i am stuck on with part to check in the supply lol, is there a common component what goes in the power supply as i am in the uk i cant seem to find anybody what does the parts over here,i know the basics about electronics but im no expert 1 theory i thought of was it would have to be 1 major component whats gone for it to not give any outputs out at all or i am guessing here lol could it be that a component as took the ground connection out and that is whay i get no output with my tester at all the outputs,my power supply as the following connections

live neutral earth ac 5v gnd -8v 18v gnd 36v i have put my tester on the both these gnd points but get no voltage to anything or am i total missing the point and the power supply recieves a signal from the motherbard to activate it if all this makes any sence cheers

as you stated it was working at first, So have you checked the reset buttons on the side of the cutter? Did you ground your cutter to the stand?

I believe this applies to the MH series cutter also

screen is blank/has a line of black boxes across it.

Posted by Levi Hartzog on 19 January 2009 03:27 PM

Normally on a Creation machine the screen going blank or displaying black boxes means that one of the kill switches is being depressed. The kill switches are located on each inner wall, if either of these are pressed down the machine will cease all activity until the button isn't being pressed anymore. These kill switches are there to protect the motor that moves the carriage. In order to fix the problem turn the machine off, move the carriage off of the kill switch gently, then turn the machine back on. If the screen is still blank then tap each kill switch to see if they are stuck down. If this does not fix your problem you should get a hold of our tech support team.

thanks for the fast reply yes the stand was grounded there is only 1 kill switch on my model for some reason and it is working ok just tested with tester the machine is just totally dead no lights no lines on screen will get hold of your team like you said cheers

can you tell me how i get hold of you tech support team please just been on the parts page only 40 dollars for a power supply but 126 dollars for delivery lol so if anyone knows of a supplier in the uk cheers

can you tell me how i get hold of you tech support team please just been on the parts page only 40 dollars for a power supply but 126 dollars for delivery lol so if anyone knows of a supplier in the uk cheers

where do you live that shipping is that high?

where do you live that shipping is that high?

about a year ago, I helped a member in The UK save on shipping. He needed some pinch rollers for his cutter. he sent me the money..I ordered them for him..when I got them..I shipped them to him for $14.00 USD. I think it saved him about $60 total. Contact USC and ask if they will ship Priority Mail international....shipping should be less than $30. I know they are capable of shipping Priority Mail...I just received a shipment from them via priority Mail.