Sign in to follow this  
Watson91

Install Cutter Through Serial

Finally got a new mobo in my cutter and it fires up and works great. My next issue is that I didn't receive a cd with the cutter. I am connecting it through the 24 pin serial port. Can anyone head me in the right direction of installing the cutter onto my pc?

Finally got a new mobo in my cutter and it fires up and works great. My next issue is that I didn't receive a cd with the cutter. I am connecting it through the 24 pin serial port. Can anyone head me in the right direction of installing the cutter onto my pc?

Shouldn't need any drivers with a serial connection. Just select the COM port in your software and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

When I try to cut a test peice to make sure the cutter is going to cut I get the following error:

Can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter.

This is in SignBlazer.

When I try to cut a test peice to make sure the cutter is going to cut I get the following error:

Can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter.

This is in SignBlazer.

probably your com ports are not matching in your computer device manager and the Signblazer set up

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/49/1/basic-cutter-setup

• Like 1

I have tried everything, but my pc acts like it's not recognizing the cutter? When I unplug it there is no change in Device Manager, and when I plug it back in there is still yet no change in Device Manager.

I have checked connections to the cutter and the mobo and everything is proper and tight.

I have tried everything, but my pc acts like it's not recognizing the cutter? When I unplug it there is no change in Device Manager, and when I plug it back in there is still yet no change in Device Manager.

I have checked connections to the cutter and the mobo and everything is proper and tight.

have you tried a different cable?

Put a support ticket in to USCUTTER..

• Like 1