CSDesigns

graphtec ce 5000 60 help

im having trouble setting my plotter to the right setting. when i do a test cut the triangle has one corner that is not fully cut all the way can someone please help...i was checking out a local flea market and saw some guys weeding vinyl so easy, im trying to get my plotter to cut perfect like that but ive been trying and no luck, can someone let me know what im doing wrong

im having trouble setting my plotter to the right setting. when i do a test cut the triangle has one corner that is not fully cut all the way can someone please help...i was checking out a local flea market and saw some guys weeding vinyl so easy, im trying to get my plotter to cut perfect like that but ive been trying and no luck, can someone let me know what im doing wrong

more info is needed? what offset are you using? what cutting software? what brand of vinyl are you using? that speed are you cutting at? Is the blade tip just barely showing?

I posted this for a guy using a Pcut... same theory, But use 0 for your blade offset, that is the blade offset for a Graphtec. I have a MK7000 30" Graphtec and it cuts perfect everytime.

Do you just barely have the blade tip out? It should be. Actually you can take the blade holder out of the vinyl cutter, and in your hand cut across a piece of vinyl. There should just barely be a marking on the vinyl backing. Keep adjusting the blade in until it just barely makes any mark on the vinyl backing, Now put the holder back in your vinyl cutter. If it does not cut the vinyl. keep adjusting the force until it cuts smoothly. and once again. barely marking the vinyl backing paper. Put the blade offset at 0.25mm and make test cuts using the test feature on your vinyl cutter. move at either -.05mm increments or +.05mm until you get sharp corners on your test cuts.

more info is needed? what offset are you using? what cutting software? what brand of vinyl are you using? that speed are you cutting at? Is the blade tip just barely showing?

I posted this for a guy using a Pcut... same theory, But use 0 for your blade offset, that is the blade offset for a Graphtec. I have a MK7000 30" Graphtec and it cuts perfect everytime.

Do you just barely have the blade tip out? It should be. Actually you can take the blade holder out of the vinyl cutter, and in your hand cut across a piece of vinyl. There should just barely be a marking on the vinyl backing. Keep adjusting the blade in until it just barely makes any mark on the vinyl backing, Now put the holder back in your vinyl cutter. If it does not cut the vinyl. keep adjusting the force until it cuts smoothly. and once again. barely marking the vinyl backing paper. Put the blade offset at 0.25mm and make test cuts using the test feature on your vinyl cutter. move at either -.05mm increments or +.05mm until you get sharp corners on your test cuts.

If I put the blade bearly showing it wont cut not even if I put the force all the way to 31 , and im a litttle confused about the offset im using 3m brand intermidiate vinyl theres an offset setting that is neg 5 to pos 5 and then there is one where I can imput numbers I have that one at ten and the other at neg 5 force at 16 right now thats the best I can get it.. My problem is that in the test cut the square is cut pretty good but the triangle is not complete one of the corners isn't cut all the way if I try weeding out the square the triangle comes up with it...what am I doing wrong? And what does the quality option do? Oh and my speed is at 16.

If I put the blade bearly showing it wont cut not even if I put the force all the way to 31 , and im a litttle confused about the offset im using 3m brand intermidiate vinyl theres an offset setting that is neg 5 to pos 5 and then there is one where I can imput numbers I have that one at ten and the other at neg 5 force at 16 right now thats the best I can get it.. My problem is that in the test cut the square is cut pretty good but the triangle is not complete one of the corners isn't cut all the way if I try weeding out the square the triangle comes up with it...what am I doing wrong? And what does the quality option do? Oh and my speed is at 16.

If there is an overcut setting in the program your using set it at .100 and that should fix the incomplete cut

MM64 B)

First off I never cut with a speed over 5. And it cuts real smooth there. Try slowing your machine down. Did you try the blade holder test with the holder in your hand cutting vinyl? Ok, so possibly a little more blade out. I run at Force 11, Speed 5, even lower speed when doing small text. Cuts perfect. Offset is ZERO 0 on a Graphtec. I make all my adjustments on the Graphtec Cutting controller from my computer. I don't make any adjustments on my cutter. All I do is turn my cutter on, load media, orgin. Prefeed. Ready to cut.

post-3058-0-24246300-1301026203_thumb.jp

Power on the cutter. Let it figure the media out by selecting ROLL 1. When it finishes with that, what does the display say? I have a feeling that if you look at the very left edge of the display on the cutter, it's going to say "1", meaning Condition 1. Condition 1 is for using the pen, not a knife. Change it to Condition 2, which is the correct Condition for the default knife included with the cutter.

now i know something is wrong. when i cut two of the same design one of them weeds better than the other :huh:??:huh:????

ok ive noticed that half of the art work i cut is cut perfect but the other half isnt whats wrong with my cutter?

ok ive noticed that half of the art work i cut is cut perfect but the other half isnt whats wrong with my cutter?

is the cutting strip seated good.? No gouges in the cutting strip? Is the cutter head on the track good? No vinyl in the blade holder? a drop of oil in the blade holder so blade is spinning freely? Blade holder seated properly?

yea everything looks good but now everytime i cut the left side of the panel is cut perfect but the right side it bearly cuts

i just cut a number 20 inches long and 2 inches in height and the first two numbers on the right and on the left cut perfect but the rest in the middle bearly cuts them

can some one please help

what happens if you give a little more force? Are you sure you have the vinyl over the grit rollers and not past the grit rollers on the right.

both ends cut perfect but everything in the middle the cutter seems to cut at a different pressure

So what happens when you give the cutter more force? Does it cut thru the paper backing?

Is the vinyl laying flat going thru the cutter?

what type of vinyl are you using? What condition is your cutter set at? What speed? Force? Do you have the right blade holder selected? Are you running from the Graphtec Cutting controller? Do you have the correct blade selected in setup? Can you post pictures of your problem?

i tried manually moving the carriage and holding the blade down and noticed that it cuts deeper on one side which means something is of level im thinking the tracks does anybody have a number i can call a tech

i tried manually moving the carriage and holding the blade down and noticed that it cuts deeper on one side which means something is of level im thinking the tracks does anybody have a number i can call a tech

go to Graphtec website for support

have you made sure that there is nothing under the wheels in the track,? and that the track is clean, you can run your fingers along the track, The track doesn't change. It should be smooth all the way along the width of your cutter.

the track seems smooth but my guess is that is leaning more to one side because like i said when i cut it manually holding the blade down from right to left it cuts good in the beginning and towards the middle it dosent and on the far left it cuts through the paper backing . so im thinking the track isnt leveled right

the track seems smooth but my guess is that is leaning more to one side because like i said when i cut it manually holding the blade down from right to left it cuts good in the beginning and towards the middle it dosent and on the far left it cuts through the paper backing . so im thinking the track isnt leveled right

like how far? Put your cutter head in the middle like say 12" Hit origin, and cut from right to left. about 10" by 2" rectangle, Use some scrap if you have it. what do you get then? Also what do you get if you cut those numbers that you originally were trying to cut Lengthwise? 2" wide x 10"L, right on the large grit roller.

Try putting your blade a bit more out. And look at the tip and make sure it is still there. At what you are describing, to manually cut like that,and pressing on the blade, It cut all the way thru my backing paper all the way across,blade was scraping the cutting strip. You are pressing harder, than your cutter would use force like that. Not a way to check it in my opinion.

it does the same thing towards the center it don cut good at all its very light but on the far left it cuts perfect i cut on the far left a number from top to bottom and it cut it perfect but if i cut from left to right it still only cuts good on the left side. what do you think it could be

it does the same thing towards the center it don cut good at all its very light but on the far left it cuts perfect i cut on the far left a number from top to bottom and it cut it perfect but if i cut from left to right it still only cuts good on the left side. what do you think it could be

so what does it cut on the large grit roller length wise, 2" wide x 10" L? What do your test cuts look like? Have you tried different ones going across the cutter from right to left? Like this photo. I use test 2, where it cuts 3 squares/triangles. The middle one is the good one. You still have never stated what condition the cutter is on? Force? Speed you are using?