CSDesigns

graphtec ce 5000 60 help

it cuts exactly the same all the time if i up the force it would cut good in the middle but on the left it will cut the backing paper

im on condition 2 ive tried condition 3 force is 18 speed 10

give it more blade, less force. I am at force 11, because I have more blade out. stay down low speed, No reason to cut at 10, I have been cutting with my Graphtec for over 3 years I have NEVER cut over 6,On most large designs I use Speed 5 and 2-3 on small text. And I cut VERY detailed designs. 120" long x 20" w perfect the first time.

length wise on the far left it cuts perfect but across left to right cuts good on the far left but not in the center and on the far right it cuts ok...i started in the middle of the media and cut it but is the same its good towards the left but close to the center it bearly cuts i need to get this fixed asap...

i wish my graphtec will cut perfect ive wasted so much material its ridiculous

I don't think you have your blade set good. my 2c, because you are using too much force. You should be able to see the whole tip of the blade sticking out. When your machine is off, and you hold down the blade holder, get eye level with it, can you see about a half a credit card worth of daylight between the cutter strip and the bottom of the blade holder? Should be close to it. THe Graphtecs, need a bit more blade. And are you sure the spring is on the blade and not screwed up? And your sure the little knob is holding down your blade holder good? what cutting software are you using?

here is a picture showing how to set the blade height from your user manual. And on the user manual the normal(?) force for outside vinyl Force runs 10-14. Your force you are running 18, would be considered for thicker vinyl, if your blade is set correctly. I run normal Force 11 on regular outdoor intermediate vinyl 2.5-3 mil , cut chrome vinyl at Force 15. Cause it is thicker vinyl.

post-3058-0-09363000-1301259048_thumb.jp

Just had the same problem on my Graphtec after I replaced the blade..If you look at the blade holder..Is the ring around the blade holder touching the metal where the holder sits in the carriage...I had the ring ontop of the pressure screw seat instead of under it..

I was on tech support checking things when he asked about the blade holder being under it and flush against the metal arm that the blade holder goes into..It cut exactly the same way you have described..I loosened the pressure screw and pulled it out a little..The blade holder popped down and seated..and away it went cutting properly..I had reinstalled the blade holder a dozen times and thought it was right before that..

Thats what fixed my problem..Hope it does yours..

The plastic ring on the blade holder should set flush against the metal arm that it sets in...If not its not in there correctly..

stetson5331

• Like 1