Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

????? VIEW eps files

Guest Terry

Anyone find a way to make a print out of all there graphics so you can view them first? Some of mine come with a pdf file for viewing, thats great I see them to choose. Other cd's came with big posters so I can choose first then just drag that # out of the file. :bang: Sometimes I can go to the top tool bar and choose view as thumbnails and it works, but some don't. I want to print out a huge catalog of my stuff to view but can't find an easy way to do it, ant ideas?

It sounds like a lot of manual work to do. I was going to check out Extensis Portfolio to see if that would do it but I haven't checked it yet.

In Adobe Phototshop CS3/CS2  you can make contact sheets showing all images in a particular folder and then save those as a pdf for print. The only prob is if you have too many images in one folder it can choke it so it's better to break it down into categories and sub categories.

Here's a pdf of the native american graphics you gave me

native_american_2.pdf

native_american_2.pdf

I have never been able to compel my version of IrFanView to thumbnail EPS files, until I read this today. Huh, I went back and installed the newest IrFanView 4.10 and Ghostscript 854w32 and I finally can see...I can see I tell you... Oh thank you. Ok so that may be a bit over the top, but it's great to finally see my EPS thumbnails.

Adobe Bridge is Awesome for this purpose.

I dont have it @ home but @ work they have it and I can preview eps files. It is awesome.

JC

SignBlazer does it for you.

It will scan all the files in any folder you open with SignBlazer and build previews of all the files it can open.

You don't have to pay any more or muck around with nightmarish complex software such a GhostScript and Adobe Bridge.

Just another great feature we added to SignBlazer.

I note that other sign software have never been able to copy this feature.

Also in SignBlazer another wonderful feature is History.

This shows a visual record of every file

created

opened

exported

imported

the majority of sign people are visually orientated

This means that you can remember the most obscure details of a sign you make a year ago however the name of the client escapes you completely or even what the sign says.

However you do remember the colors, the font you used and the overall design.

Hence we introduced History to help you find that pesky file when you need it quickly and easily.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Download a copy.

You can use it for 30 days.

Try it out

If you love it as most then

US Cutters can supply you a copy for well under US$100.00 if you decide to buy it.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

SignBlazer does it for you.

It will scan all the files in any folder you open with SignBlazer and build previews of all the files it can open.

Well you are going to have to put elementary instructions in here for this old bird. I can't get these files to open, copy, paste, clipboard or anything. HOW???

For SignBlazer to make a preview it has to be

a. a file which will open in SignBlazer.

b With a header preview, if it does not contain a header preview SignBlazer will scan (not interpret, there is a difference) and attempt to make a preview.

If the file is faulty or damaged and causes any difficulties with SignBlazer, then it is marked not to preview in a database.

As to SlopChops i suggest strongly that he reads the learning guide.

It is all in numbered pictures.

It could not be any easier.

Jerry from SignBlazer. 

Guest Terry

It sounds like a lot of manual work to do. I was going to check out Extensis Portfolio to see if that would do it but I haven't checked it yet.

In Adobe Phototshop CS3/CS2  you can make contact sheets showing all images in a particular folder and then save those as a pdf for print. The only prob is if you have too many images in one folder it can choke it so it's better to break it down into categories and sub categories.

Here's a pdf of the native american graphics you gave me

I have that on certain CD's, (Extensis Portfolio) it works PERFECT, I wonder if I can pull it from the disk and install it, right now it just works on the graphics cd it came with.

I downloaded the portfolio trial but I didn't see anything as far as being able to print any sample pages.

i have sign blazer and still have problem seeing some eps files

Same here. And I've looked over the Learning Guide. There are .eps file that I've imported and cut, but SBE still won't give me a thumbnail preview unless I save it as a SB file (which I don't need to do often).

Guest Terry

Well I have lots of ideas here, thanks everyone. :thanks:

To see EPS file previews you have to go to import in SignBlazer.

In History SignBlazer will display previews of

Every  file saved as an SBD file

Every file ever imported.

Every file ever exported.

So some EPS files do not have correctly made previews.

Lets face it i have been asking for EPS files for the last 3 years to be sent to me that users cannot open.

About 90% of these EPS files sent to me are faulty.

Nothing will make previews of these files.

As i have said previously SignBlazer imports and displays currently up to Level 2 PostScript (Illustrator 8 ).

Later this year we will be releasing our Level 3 Interpreter (Illustrator CS3 EPS files).

However this should not be a problem as 99.999999999999999999999999999999% of all EPS clipart sold is in Illustrator 8 format.  These import into SignBlazer perfectly.

Some EPS files just don't have any correctly made headers so SignBlazer will attempt to "read" the file to create a preview.

Then if the file is not correctly made SignBlazer will read only part of the file and a black square is displayed.

However when opened the file is correctly displayed.

I don't know of any other sign software anywhere in the world that has even attempted to do this for users as SignBlazer has.

Why? They can't.

What may be simple technology to the users is so complex that few programs have ever been able to produce more than a SINGLE preview for EPS files. For a start you need a 32 bit fully relational database.  There are none available in the world for license.  Speed of this database is critical.  So when we needed one we had to build it ourselves.

The only other one that i know about is one 40th the speed of the image database in SignBlazer.

I have Corel, Illustrator, and about ten sign software programs.

Not one of them can display a preview more than 10% of the time when the SINGLE preview box is ticked.

In fact i and most other users of these programs never put a tick on a preview box as it takes longer to get a single preview than to open the file.

If you have a CD of EPS files SignBlazer will scan these so fast and create previews when you go to import that i am even amazed at our own software.

So all i am trying to do is offer an alternative solution to where there is a lack of ideal alternative solutions.

Jerry from SignBlazer.