williaty

What is a Typical Hold Time for USCutter?

I just spent more of my anytime minutes trying to get a hold of USCutter than I'll use for the entire month otherwise. I held for over 30 minutes at two different times and never was able to get a human on the phone. Considering I was trying to touch base with them about a $2000 order, that pretty well freaks me out. Is it always this bad? If it is, that pretty much negates the lower price USC offers. I'd be willing to pay more than this to get a human on the phone without an hour of hold time.

I so agree I was on hold for at least 15 minutes I know for sure.. felt like 20.. I called back on my cell phone because i was paying long distance on my office phone.. the guy called me a liar said it was impossible to be on hold for that long that the system did something after 10 minutes.. and on top of that he was super rude to me so I just hung up..

Another 27 minutes on hold before they hung up on me just now.

I am NOT a satisfied customer.

the guy called me a liar said it was impossible to be on hold for that long that the system did something after 10 minutes

Phone systems often have a "alarm" that starts to annoy the workers if someone is left on hold for too long. That's likely what the guy was trying to claim. However, during all three of my attempted calls, the hold music/talk would briefly stop, there'd be a click or two, and then the hold music/talk would start right back up. 9 times out of 10, this is a guy in the call center picking up the phone and putting it right back onto hold just to shut the alarm up (briefly coming off hold resets the timer). This was happening at about 10 minute intervals to me, so I assume that's what someone at USC was doing to me. I would imagine the time I got hung up on, someone just screwed up the "ignore the customer" procedure.

Hello williaty,

Sorry you have been having problems getting in touch with us. Recently we have been upgrading lots of our support related systems including our phone system, our forum, and our support (ticketing) software. This has caused some unfortunate issues which have unfortunately reduced the quality of our support and our response time. We have been working very hard to improve upon these issues over the past few weeks and we are now finally getting all of the kinks worked out and everything back up to speed. I have reviewed our average hold time over the past few days and I am showing a 2 minute average hold time for every single person that has called in during that time. I am not trying to say you did not hold for a long time, I am just saying that this is not the average experience. I would bet that you are calling during some of our peak hours which can be hard. I recommend calling earlier in the morning if at all possible. Generally that is the slowest time of the day for us. If there is anything else I can do for you just let me know!

PS Our phone system loops your through talking and hold music, when it switches you hear that noise. That is NOT us picking up and putting you back on hold, I promise.