Hello, i'm having a problem with my cutter, its been giving me slightly wavey cuts when doing 45 degree cuts across the vinyl from right to left. it cuts accross cleanly and does round and square objects fine. i tried changing the blade, oiling the blade, adjusting the blade. my settings are .25 offset, 30cm/s cut speed, 150g pressure. i've tried speeding it up and slowing it down. it still gives me the same problem. i've also tried different vinyl, it doesn't do it on easyweed but it does it on all my oracal 651 (thats all i have At the moment). i've cleaned the vinyl, and checked everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys =]

P.S. the best way i can describe this is that the blade "skips" and makes it impossible to weed without damaging the graphic =[

Hello, i'm having a problem with my cutter, its been giving me slightly wavey cuts when doing 45 degree cuts across the vinyl from right to left. it cuts accross cleanly and does round and square objects fine. i tried changing the blade, oiling the blade, adjusting the blade. my settings are .25 offset, 30cm/s cut speed, 150g pressure. i've tried speeding it up and slowing it down. it still gives me the same problem. i've also tried different vinyl, it doesn't do it on easyweed but it does it on all my oracal 651 (thats all i have At the moment). i've cleaned the vinyl, and checked everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys =]

P.S. the best way i can describe this is that the blade "skips" and makes it impossible to weed without damaging the graphic =[

Hello, cutter brand please?

Hey ASH , I over look the section sometimes also . It is posted in the Copam section :thumbsup:

@ the OP . I don't know what would make it do that . Might be a harware issue . I would put in a ticket with USCutter . Only thing you have not done it seems is try a new blade .

oh! sorry for not posting my cutter, since i posted in the copam section i thought it would've been noticed~ i have a copam 3050, i will open a ticket then cause it has only started doing that for about 2 days now, the machine is fiarly new, i've only had it for about a three weeks. i have tried changing the blade to a brand new 45 degree and 60 degree blade. if anybody can offer any other help it would be greatly appreciated. im kind of spazzing out about it since i have a big job coming up.

It might be that Copams use a stepper motor vs a servo motor & certain files may show that while other files don't . Stepper motors move a determined amount at certain points while servos move a constant gradual amount from what i have read on here . It is hard to understand at 1rst since all cutters go straight from 1 node to another :huh: but as the pinch rollers are moving the servo motors must move & stop instead of a constant speed as the servos do :huh: I can't tell listening & watching my Copam :huh: I have only seen that show up in 1 large decal & I had to look for it .

ahh i see, i also forgot to mention that when it skips it makes a high pitch noise, i will try to post a video of it althogh i've tried to get a picture of the skipping but the detail is too small to catch it on camera. im pretty sure the noise is coming the when the blade skips.

started a support ticket. they take forever to respond so im turning to forums. i did everything support told me and no luck. although i noticed the only way to get rid of this is if i oil the blade almost EVERY time i cut. now im no professional but am i supposed to oil the blade so much? i had a buddy who never oils the blade so i find it odd =[ any help guys?

quick update. its no longer doing this at angle's but it is now messing up when it cuts from right to left. all the cuts from left to right are perfectly fine. i have a job due tomorrow and have wasted ridiculous amounts of material trying to fix it. =[

P.S. it has to have something to do with the blade/holder or something. i tried using the pen with holder and it wrote perfectly fine. i've gone through 6 NEW blades and a HUGE variety of settings and still can't figure it out =[

is it giving you a dotted cut when you go from right to left looking at it? My Copam 2500 does that if its a straight line. I found that by turning the speed all the way down it helps but sometimes is still there.

yea its giving me a dotted cut. i have my speed all the way down to 10cm/s and still does this. it seems to travel really fast on straight lines though. is there any way of fixing this?

I am hoping someone gives you an answer because my 2500 does it also. The only way I found to stop it is to slightly tilt the image so it doesn't have a true straight line on the plotter. It doesn't do it bad but it is an issue.

Are you using chinese generic blades? I bought a roland replacement blade from a shop around my neighborhood and the quality difference is huge, I'm still not home to try it out but I hope this will fix that problem. Ill post result as soon as I can.

Are you using chinese generic blades? I bought a roland replacement blade from a shop around my neighborhood and the quality difference is huge, I'm still not home to try it out but I hope this will fix that problem. Ill post result as soon as I can.

Hey guy's, your right, the roland blades are 120% better.

alright i threw on a Roland replacement blade from an American manufacturer and MAN is it better but it still has not fully fixed my problem. i am currently cutting everything at an angle so it doesn't cut too fast on straight lines. hopefully us cutter support replies in a more timely manner <_<.

since the machine is like less than two weeks old im going to see if they can't replace it through warranty or something. i have literally tried EVERYTHING people have thrown at me. blade changes, oiling the blade, every adjustment combination that this machine can go through. different materials, different angle blades, and i've already lost about 400 dollars worth of work =\

quick update: i have since talked to support and they are sending me a new blade holder, they believe this is what is causing the problem. i will post results as soon as the blade comes in.

since the machine is like less than two weeks old ......................... i've already lost about 400 dollars worth of work =\

A smart business move would be to have a back-up cutter . Your business reputaion & ability to over come small problems will benifit . Also depending on something you just got ( 2 weeks ) is cutting it very close . ;)

A smart business move would be to have a back-up cutter . Your business reputaion & ability to over come small problems will benifit . Also depending on something you just got ( 2 weeks ) is cutting it very close . ;)

Now, Now Rodger, you must correct your spelling and use PROPER grammar when you speak......

1. Now look at this mess

Your business reputaion
*Notice you didn't put a "T" in there! ooops

2. Now, Now....

over come small problems will benifit
*Note, you didn't spell this correctly Rodger. It is spelled B-E-N-E-F-I-T(Taking ruler out of pocket and slapping you in the back of the head) haahaah

This concludes today's lesson in proper grammar.

Cheerio and pip, pip, and all that jive weeeeeeeeeeeeee

wwwwwhhahaahahhaha :blink::D

Sometimes... no most of the time, I QUACK MYSELF UP! hahaahahah

• Like 1

Now, Now Rodger, you must correct your spelling and use PROPER grammar when you speak......

1. Now look at this mess *Notice you didn't put a "T" in there! ooops

2. Now, Now.... *Note, you didn't spell this correctly Rodger. It is spelled B-E-N-E-F-I-T(Taking ruler out of pocket and slapping you in the back of the head) haahaah

This concludes today's lesson in proper grammar.

Cheerio and pip, pip, and all that jive weeeeeeeeeeeeee

wwwwwhhahaahahhaha :blink::D

Sometimes... no most of the time, I QUACK MYSELF UP! hahaahahah

ASH ( FouASH ;) ) , NOBODY likes a grammar cop except Nuke . The way I & most people see it , this is only a casual conversation on the internet . As long as you get the gist of the conversation , it serves the purpose... I have always wondered why grammar is so critical when so much slang makes up the North American English language :huh: oh you crack me up also :thumbsup: I think , you think that I think that you think you are almsot as funny as I am ... that is not correct .. I think I am much more funnier because I laugh at myself much more than I do you !!! :D

ASH ( FouASH ;) ) , NOBODY likes a grammar cop except Nuke . The way I & most people see it , this is only a casual conversation on the internet . As long as you get the gist of the conversation , it serves the purpose... I have always wondered why grammar is so critical when so much slang makes up the North American English language :huh: oh you crack me up also :thumbsup: I think , you think that I think that you think you are almsot as funny as I am ... that is not correct .. I think I am much more funnier because I laugh at myself much more than I do you !!! :D

Is That what you think? That you and that joke is that funny? eheheehehheeh

Is That what you think? That you and that joke is that funny? eheheehehheeh

That is what I think , but it was not a joke .... just a description ..... :blink:

That is what I think , but it was not a joke .... just a description ..... :blink:

heheeh = P

good point, but i don't have the budget to afford a second cutter. considering this is my first and only cutter i was stuck in a rut. i ended up taking the jobs and having one of my buddies do them for me until i could get it fixed. business took off faster than expected so when it failed on me i was like "OHHHHH HOLY %&^#$ NOOOOOO" hopefully this new blade gets everything sorted out though. will post results asap =]

I hope you can get it fixed as well..... keep us posted! :thumbsup: