dc_autosports

The joys of customer service.... and pricks

"The story you are about to read is true, the names have been changed to protect the innocent stupid."

So we have all had our share of prickish, ignorant customers (I can keep that list of name calling going for a long time btw)

I have been dealing with one customer for way too long, over 3 months. He has placed an order for 3 shirts through the whole time. he only paid for 2 and part of the third. The two shirts were deliverd, and he told me that " I gave him the wrong size" (umm yea, I keep very good records of my clients orders. So Out of generosity and just being nice (bad idea in hind sight), I said when I get payed for the third shirt, I will remake the one you said is the wrong size. In one email he wanted a 3X instead of 2X, now in the latest email he wants 4X...... stop eating. I was also advised by another customer of mine to " get payed from him first." So as I typically run my business and out of sound advice that is what I require. So I sent him an email with a price qoute on another shirt and decals for his truck windows. this is the response from him:

David,

If I've got to pay first for order to be made then forget it!! I've got a

guy that I use to make stuff for me who does stuff for local PDs I never pay

before I place a order if this is the way you are going to run business then

you can forget mine! And also the ppl I was going to hook you up with too! I

was just helping you out toget get you those two accounts they are big. I

was only ordering from you to help you because of XXXX but that's cool I go

Monday and order my shit from XXXXXXX. As far as shit just get my 4xl

constable t-shirt n 4xl polo shirt I paid part of the poll so I'll leave

diff at shop!! Sorry we can't do business then. I shouldn't have to pay up

front for order but that's ok guess you don't need the work then?!

XXXXX XXXXX

Great thing to read after walking in the door from church this afternoon. So politely I responded:

Hi XXXXX,

I'm sorry to hear that you have those feelings toward the way I conduct

myself with clients. I do respect that you are going to be using your

original supplier. I would also like to thank you for trying to get me

"hooked up" with some larger accounts. But, if it can not work due to my

business model, then I am not interested.

As with any custom service business, payment is required in order to

complete work. This just ensures that the business owner doesn't have a no

show and is left with an unsalable product. It is nothing personal towards

any individual, it's simply business. If the supplier you have used in the

past has post pay arrangements with you, that is wonderful, as you probably

have a good relationship with him. As per your order, I will leave a 3X T

shirt and a 3X polo at XXXX's for pick up on your leisure. They will be

dropped off Tuesday before 2 p.m. Or if you would rather, I can leave a

credit with the 3X t shirt so that you can source a polo from your

supplier. Let me know which you would rather do and I will do as you would

like.

Thank you for your time,

David

I'm not upset, just tired of dealing with idiots. Oh well, one less nutjob I have to deal with.

David,

If I've got to pay first for order to be made then forget it!! I've got a

guy that I use to make stuff for me who does stuff for local PDs I never pay

before I place a order if this is the way you are going to run business then

you can forget mine! And also the ppl I was going to hook you up with too! I

was just helping you out toget get you those two accounts they are big. I

was only ordering from you to help you because of XXXX but that's cool I go

Monday and order my shit from XXXXXXX. As far as shit just get my 4xl

constable t-shirt n 4xl polo shirt I paid part of the poll so I'll leave

diff at shop!! Sorry we can't do business then. I shouldn't have to pay up

front for order but that's ok guess you don't need the work then?!

Ok, let me let you in on some advise. I've been dealing with the great public for over 30 years. If this guy could not pay you upfront for your service, then you DO NOT want his business in the first place.

It's like you stated, he paid for 2 shirts, and half of another. (Which means he doesn't have the money to pay you). And in fact, if you do anything else for him he will rip you off, you can best believe that. I've been there done that.

As far as him "getting" you big huge accounts, think again. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HEARD THIS LAME EXCUSE over the years. ahahahah Oh man, they want you to do stuff for free, discounted, etc. etc. etc..

With a promise to give you some word of mouth, etc. etc. etc..

Ok, word of advise, forget it, it's not going to happen. EVER. I used to be "to nice" as well.

It doesn't hurt to help someone, but with that message I just saw him send you, he doesn't need anything at any time from you. Leave him alone, he'll rip you off real good.

I've had thousands of ignorant people come and tell me, hey, if you do this for me, ill get you this and that. I'm like ok, good we'll do it then. THINK AGAIN...... the same ole same ole, over and over again.

Let him go rip someone else off, pray for the boy and move on. He'll get his in the end

Now I have to go take my meds and lay down now. Now you see what people like that can do for you. dry.gif

My 5 cents

LMAO

Trust me, I'm not going to lose sleep over this one. And I know, and knew getting "hooked up" was a joke. It's not the first time I've delt with this, just the first I've had written communication about it. Thought I'de share with the community. It's funny I still haven't heard back from him as of yet.... oh well. lol

LMAO

Trust me, I'm not going to lose sleep over this one. And I know, and knew getting "hooked up" was a joke. It's not the first time I've delt with this, just the first I've had written communication about it. Thought I'de share with the community. It's funny I still haven't heard back from him as of yet.... oh well. lol

You won't.... that means you will be nice to him and he will "have" to do business with you, or he will look like a crook!!!!

He thinks he's made you feel bad, he's playing head games with you man.

Anyhow, go have fun and forget about this looser. He'll run out of people to scam and then he'll get his in the end.

I just hate that guy's like you have to get the raw end of the stick!

I think you handled your response very well. You were direct and to the point and professional. Very well done!

I think you handled your response very well. You were direct and to the point and professional. Very well done!

Thank you. When I showed my wife the email, her first response was " Did you reply to it yet???!?!?" I told her I did and she freaked out thinking I took the FU route with it LOL.

Thank you. When I showed my wife the email, her first response was " Did you reply to it yet???!?!?" I told her I did and she freaked out thinking I took the FU route with it LOL.

wwwwhahahahaha

That would have been my first instinct

lmao,i have heard the story a million times about how theyre gonna get me so much business for hookin them up.this is just my opinion and not the gospel,taking the the time to design and make 3 shirts takes you away from the time that you can be making a sign or banner that you could be making a better profit from.also when explaining to those people that they need to pay up front,i tell them that i cant sell theyre sign to the next guy that walks in,then to point to the stuff that is setting around the shop that noone came to pick up,lmao.(not kidding)

lmao,i have heard the story a million times about how theyre gonna get me so much business for hookin them up.this is just my opinion and not the gospel,taking the the time to design and make 3 shirts takes you away from the time that you can be making a sign or banner that you could be making a better profit from.also when explaining to those people that they need to pay up front,i tell them that i cant sell theyre sign to the next guy that walks in,then to point to the stuff that is setting around the shop that noone came to pick up,lmao.(not kidding)

:thumbsup:

Yea I seem to get too many people wanting me to do it all for free, but when I refuse to they will go to someone that they have to pay or not get anything done at all. I am sick of people asking me to do everything for free!!!

Yea I seem to get too many people wanting me to do it all for free, but when I refuse to they will go to someone that they have to pay or not get anything done at all. I am sick of people asking me to do everything for free!!!

Yup, the problem is, they eat steak, while you scraping for beans or anything you can get your hands on.

No thanks, I can starve not doing their job at all. Period.

My 2 cents