Sign in to follow this  
OCsigns

ZenCut Black cutting issues

I've got a 52" ZenCut Black that has been working wonderfully up to about a week ago. Now, it seems when I use the easy weed option, it 'forgets' where it has cut the design, and will actually clip parts of the design as it cuts the box out..

Any thoughts? It doesn't do it every time, but seems to be a little more than 50%...

I've got a 52" ZenCut Black that has been working wonderfully up to about a week ago. Now, it seems when I use the easy weed option, it 'forgets' where it has cut the design, and will actually clip parts of the design as it cuts the box out..

Any thoughts? It doesn't do it every time, but seems to be a little more than 50%...

sounds more like a vinyl tracking problem, the cutter head is not coming back to the same place, because the vinyl has drifted.. I have a Graphtec and don't even use weeding options. Except on some small text, and that is rarely. Any vinyl cutter can do that at one time or another, If your using weeding options on large graphics, turn it off. I cut 120" x 20" decals all the time, and I would never use weeding options. If your cutter acts like mine, it is going to cut all the design first, then goes back and cuts the weeding lines, which can give the vinyl time to drift, If your really wanting to use the weed lines, maybe slow your machine down. and make sure your vinyl is tracking straight. my 2c