Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Laserpoint

I am buying a used laserpoint this weekend and want to know if I should get a keyspan adapter as it looks like it only has USB port on the cutter?

I am using the Eco Cut series now and have been using it for almost a year.

Any recommendations would be awesome!

I am getting the laserpoint at a great deal.

If the cutter doesn't have a serial port, you can't use a keyspan adapter (unless you get a usb-serial converter, and then use the keyspan serial-usb converter).

If the cutter doesn't have a serial port, you can't use a keyspan adapter (unless you get a usb-serial converter, and then use the keyspan serial-usb converter).

I gotcha, The problem is though that I have a dedicated cutting computer. It has serial as well as usb ports, my question then is if the laserpoint only has USB then how does everyone connect it to their PC? Are they using USB?

I have read that USB is a pain in the arse to deal with for these cutters?

I thought the problems were only with MH series cutters.

I don't think HG's suggest is necessary. Hook up a USB to Serial on the PC to Serial and convert back to USB on the cutter? Just hook it direct if that's the case.

However I believe the problem is with the Device Drivers. The printer/cutter isn't recognized by the PC. The Device Driver conflicks.

Most people don't use Serial Port any longer so using the Serial is much easier. Once the Device Driver is selected it stays cause you're not using another device. Also most computers have two Com ports/Interrupts for serial.