well i've had my copam 3050 for about 3 weeks now and recently it's been giving me problems with the vinyl lifting on small or thin cursive letters. i've tried changing the blade twice and it still lifts. my current settings are 10cm/s cut speed, 40g of force and a .25mm offset. im using a 45 degree blade on oracle 651 vinyl. i've also set the offset on signblazer to 0. so it doesn't interfere with the machine's offset. im going to try to change the offset on signblazer see if it does anything differently. can anyone help? i need this job done yesterday x.x

Regards,

Jimmy

well i've had my copam 3050 for about 3 weeks now and recently it's been giving me problems with the vinyl lifting on small or thin cursive letters. i've tried changing the blade twice and it still lifts. my current settings are 10cm/s cut speed, 40g of force and a .25mm offset. im using a 45 degree blade on oracle 651 vinyl. i've also set the offset on signblazer to 0. so it doesn't interfere with the machine's offset. im going to try to change the offset on signblazer see if it does anything differently. can anyone help? i need this job done yesterday x.x

Regards,

Jimmy

Jimmy,

I don't have a Copamm but I have a 45 blade in my Graphtec..When I had that problem on 651 for really small graphics I put my 60 degree in and it went away..

Might help ya...You can buy blades here on USC web site if you don't have a 60...

Regards,

Jimmy

I think the problem is the blade holder is draging. I use sight to measure my blade depth. Your settings are correct but not sure on only 40 g of pressure. I use anywhere's between 70 and 140+.

Try resetting the blade so that it does not cut through with 70 or 80 g and speed it up to like 30cm. It works great for me on my 2500

The techs from USCutter have posted that pressure should be 120 . Some people adjust pressure when the blade is exposed too much . I take the blade holder out & manually cut some vinyl with alot of pressure until the backing paper only has a small indentation . Make sure nothing is inside where the blade is ( vinyl pieces ) If the blade does not rotate as soon as it touches down, it can cause your problem . You have to keep on trying different things until you fond out what is causing your problem .

ok i threw on a 60 degree blade and adjusted the position as best i could so the blade BARELY sticks out of the holder, also raised my pressure to 60 or 70 (can't remember at the moment) and it has fixed alot of the raising vinyl and bad cutting issue. it still SLIGHTLY lifts. should i retract the blade more and add more pressure?

ok i threw on a 60 degree blade and adjusted the position as best i could so the blade BARELY sticks out of the holder, also raised my pressure to 60 or 70 (can't remember at the moment) and it has fixed alot of the raising vinyl and bad cutting issue. it still SLIGHTLY lifts. should i retract the blade more and add more pressure?

Are your blades new and sharp? Sounds like you're pretty savvy and probably checked this. Have you tried different cutting software? I know it doesn't seem it might make a difference but worth a shot. I use 45-degree Clean Cut blades with Oracal 651 and get pretty good cuts but I use SignCut Prod Pro. Maybe try a trial version of different software if you don't have other software to try.

Here is a simple test take your blade holder out get a scrap piece of vinyl..Put pressure down on the blade holder and drag it across the vinyl (blade side down :D )...If it cuts through the vinyl and the backing your blades out too far..Adjust the blade depth using this manner until you only cut completly through the vinyl but not the backing...Once you have it set reinstall in the cutter and off you go cutting with the blade depth set correctly...

Hope that helps

stetson5331

yes . I have only used 45 degree regular blades & cut great . I have used SignCut , SignBlazer & Flexi . No software will cut great if you don't have the cutter adjusted .

3 words - too much blade. doesn't matter if the holder drags if you back the blade in this will go away

alright guys, i seem to have fixed the problem, i retracted the blade and cut manually until it barely cut the vinyl but not the backing im currently using these settings now... 60 degree blade, 130g pressure, .25mm offset, 20cm/s cut speed on oracle 651 vinyl and siser easyweed. Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies and hope this helps others with the same problem

Regards,

Jimmy

i noticed everyone on here is running at 100g+

I just got my cutter yesterday. i am using clean cut blades. the stock blades SUCKED. i am running 30g it's cutting really well i had to play with it at first but just did my first cut with no problems

i am having problems with the holder dragging and the vinyl is lifting on fine small edges. no matter what i try it still does it

Just spent the day cutting the Oramask.  60 degree blade, 150 gms, of pressure to cut some 1" letters with lots of sharp points.  Still had some lifting.  Not sure I'm liking the Oramask.