Sign in to follow this  
momoftwins

setting for cutting with a mat and all the way through

I am trying to cut all the way through the backing of vinyl using a Cricut mat. Using a MH751 and SignBlazer. I used to use the Cricut but that lately is unreliable. I am cutting basic shapes and the largest ones will not close. I have adjusted the force, speed, offset, pinch rollers - I am ALMOST there (meaning I have improved quite a bit from the first cut) but it will not fully close the largest shapes (smaller shapes are perfect). Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can mess with? Will a 60 degree blade change anything? What does the Baud setting do? THANKS for your help!

Are you sure neither the cutting mat nor the material stuck to it is moving while the cutter is in motion? Sounds like there may be some slippage.

Jay

I am trying to cut all the way through the backing of vinyl using a Cricut mat. Using a MH751 and SignBlazer. I used to use the Cricut but that lately is unreliable. I am cutting basic shapes and the largest ones will not close. I have adjusted the force, speed, offset, pinch rollers - I am ALMOST there (meaning I have improved quite a bit from the first cut) but it will not fully close the largest shapes (smaller shapes are perfect). Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I can mess with? Will a 60 degree blade change anything? What does the Baud setting do? THANKS for your help!

Baud rate is the setting to match the communication from your computer to the cutter - don't change it if the cutter is working. The only thing you didn't mention was adjusting your blade holder to expose more of the blade - Increasing cutting pressure will insure that all of the blade depth exposed is cutting - but if not enough blade is sticking out to make it through the backing you will not cut all the way through.

-Mike

It is actually cutting through correctly - I have the force at 280.

And yes, I am guessing there is some slippage somewhere as the machine cuts beautifully for all the other things. Just haven't found anything to adjust to stop things from moving/slipping. The material on the mat is not moving for sure as that is stuck down good. I tightened the pinch rollers and you can not hardly move the mat at all once the rollers are down so it's pretty tight.

I will move on to Plan B and work with a different machine, I guess, if I can't figure this out.