snooky22

Converting bitmaps with Signblazer

Hey everyone, I am very new to this. Have tried the search and need some help. How to I convert bitmap images so I can cut them using signblazer. I am cutting with a USCutter 36" laserpoint. I have the images loaded but they are in bitmap. This will be the first time ever using a cutter so dont beat me up to bad!! LOL Thanks in advance for the help

Look in the InkScape section of this forum and there will be instructions.

Jay

Hey everyone, I am very new to this. Have tried the search and need some help. How to I convert bitmap images so I can cut them using signblazer. I am cutting with a USCutter 36" laserpoint. I have the images loaded but they are in bitmap. This will be the first time ever using a cutter so dont beat me up to bad!! LOL Thanks in advance for the help

If it is like what I had to do to make an image into a vector. You have to select the image, go to Image, Mode, Monochrome. Then select it again and go to Image, Vectorize. That is what I had learned to do with it.

Thats what I did but when I go to cut it, it says file still a bitmap and everything but bitmaps will be cut.

Thats what I did but when I go to cut it, it says file still a bitmap and everything but bitmaps will be cut.

You need to separate the images, then delete the bitmap image ( original image), then drag your vectorized image back into your work space then click save as (file), save as an eps file then import into SignBlazer . Oh by the way this is done in Inkscape. Hope this helps

Ok, the thing is when I save it in inkscape then try to open it in SB I cant find it where it says its saved to. I am sure I am doing something wrong since I am new at this. Thanks for the info!!

Ok, the thing is when I save it in inkscape then try to open it in SB I cant find it where it says its saved to. I am sure I am doing something wrong since I am new at this. Thanks for the info!!

As a precaution I always save as on my desktop (easier to find) ok in SignBlazer you have to import file not open file then a pop up will appear , click 1st box (top) should be full poscript etc...

Depending on image it may take a few seconds to appear.

Let me know how you make out.

Hahaha... I am going nuts. I did it at work but had to turn off comp because of the boss. I am doing a cottman trans logo. I had all the layers now I go into inkscape to try again and dont remember what I did!! Ugh!!! Lolol

Yea sorry once you convert it then right click on the top image I think and then delete that one....you are then left with the vector!! Sorry for the omission of that little detail...I was just recalling from memory at the time and am still new at it myself. :unsure:

Thats ok, thanks everyone. After I imported it to inkscape I traced bitmap, then selected colors, update and clicked ok. Closed the little window that popped up then went to my image, right clicked and clicked on ungroup. Then i removed one layer at a time from the box, reinserted on at a time then saved each one as an eps numbered in order to layer them. Thanks again everyone for your help