gm2k8

4 x 8 sheet for sign?

Where does one buy 2mm or 3mm crezon?....

If you do use crezon you need to seal the edges and apply primer and finish coat....

Where does one buy 2mm or 3mm crezon?....

If you do use crezon you need to seal the edges and apply primer and finish coat....

If you do use crezon you need to seal the edges and apply primer and finish coat

Didn't I just state that?

These have to be primed and painted as well.

Dear lord help me.................... pm me if you need any further assistance please.

I'm going to need another tylenol :(

Poor misses

Ash, despite all your rambling you certainly have not answered the OPs question.......I did when I told him it was proably Sintra.........And crezon may be fine in some applications this is not the material he is describing.....And why would anyone buy a 40.00 or 50.00 sheet of crezon that requires all that work when they can buy Sintra for 20.00 to 25.00 for 2mm or 3mm?....

Ash, despite all your rambling you certainly have not answered the OPs question.......I did when I told him it was probably Sintra.........And crezon may be fine in some applications this is not the material he is describing.....And why would anyone buy a 40.00 or 50.00 sheet of crezon that requires all that work when they can buy Sintra for 20.00 to 25.00 for 2mm or 3mm?....

Again, The Poor Misses, I feel so sorry for her. Are you like this everyday Roxy?

I really feel sorry for you, you know?

I'd hate to go through life the way you do, it has to be miserable for you.

Poor girl, so alone and confused about your surrounding's.

Remember to dial 911 in case of an emergency!

Insurance, make sure you have it, the cost of hospital stays are getting outrageous!

I sure hope you feel better soon, I can't stand to see someone suffer the way you have been in the last few weeks, it's almost unbearable to watch.

Seems like I saw where you were banned from a forum because of your sickness.... can you believe they would do such a thing! That's horrible...... :(

@the OP, go to Lowes and pickup the MDO board.

By the way, it's MDF medium density fiberboard at lowes and Home Depot.

And you can get that in thinner sheets, 1/8th inch coverts to 3.1750mm to be exact.

You wont have to pay shipping on it as well.

It holds up well here in N.C. ! :thumbsup:

Hope this helps, and sorry for my rambling's....... if there were any ;)

lol you guys/gals going back and forth.. so funny..

ok.. i saw some PVC 4x8 sign board.. in 1mm and 2mm.. i wonder if thats what i saw..

i would like to keep the price down as much as possible as i am helping this person by only charging them material cost..

thanks for the suggestions so far..

lol you guys/gals going back and forth.. so funny..

ok.. i saw some PVC 4x8 sign board.. in 1mm and 2mm.. i wonder if thats what i saw..

i would like to keep the price down as much as possible as i am helping this person by only charging them material cost..

thanks for the suggestions so far..

If your looking for PVC and others, Check these people out in Charlotte, you can drive there easy enough.

http://www.sunbeltsignsupplyinc.com/

or here http://www.grimco.com/greensboro.html

Either one of these if you don't want MDF

Gee Ash!....You could have posted that link in your 1st post in this thread.....

You never stop... do ya?

I suppose we are a lot alike then?...lol

Ohhhhhhh..... but don't I know it, your as head strong as me!!!! AND THAT'S A BAD THING! Ask my wife! ehheheeheh

Don't mean to dog on you Roxy, just like to help the little guy's out a little..... you know what I mean?

I don't make a living doing this, but it's fun, that's for sure. I try to help out when I can.

I build, repair, program, you name it all day long..... get's boring to me lol.

Anyhow, don't mean to pick on you, I just think your head strong like I am, and we have a strong point of view on things! ;)

I just don't like helping the big guy's is all..... I've seen the little guy suffer WAY to much!

GEEEZ you guys :D get a room already !!! :D

And you can guess what I would say!......When and where?......lol....

Hey Roxanne , That is GREAT & so funny :thumbsup: . I'll be smiling for hours :D

Hey Roxanne , That is GREAT & so funny :thumbsup: . I'll be smiling for hours :D

Roxy, you have Rodger blushing now heheheheheeh

Roxy, you have Rodger blushing now heheheheheeh

That is easy , I am VERY shy & embarrass easy .. I could never get up & do a X-Factor audition like FouASH did !!! :thumbsup:

That is easy , I am VERY shy & embarrass easy .. I could never get up & do a X-Factor audition like FouASH did !!! :thumbsup:

You sorry dog! heheehehehe You did get me on that 1 Chicken Factory boy! heehehehehe :blink:

I'm still wondering what you use to "seal the edges" I've reread and don't find where anyone answered me. Is it just to prime and paint?

That is all I have seen done on plywood .

You fill the edges with a quality putty.....Sand smooth and prime and paint the sames as the faces....There is a lot work to get them ready so better off using finished panel of some sort....Take a trip to your closest sign supply and ask a lot of questions....

thanks for the reply roxanne, I don't have a local sign supply. closest is like 3 hrs away that I know of so will have to get on the phone. What kind of questions do you typically ask a customer who is looking for a sign? I'm sure there are things to ask just like I have to for decals and t-shirts. I appreciate the help.

Heidi