RPM Graphics

Registration Marks

I am cutting some 2 color LAYERED vehicle lettering for a work truck. I have been using some ROUND marks, but wondered if SQUARE marks are easier to match up. Who is using which ones and why? Thanks......Pat.....

I use the square ones. It's easy for me to line it up. But it's a personal preference though. I can line up my work in a snap using square. Try it both ways to see how you like it though. I'm not to much on circles, I can line the points up on the squares very fast and easy

Hope this helps

A circle won't show that you're off 10 degrees. So, when using a circle, you need to align two at a time. Not a huge deal, just a point.

A circle won't show that you're off 10 degrees. So, when using a circle, you need to align two at a time. Not a huge deal, just a point.

:thumbsup:

Thank you all for the quick replies. I actually tried the circles before posting and about half of them did not line up. Have to re-cut stuff, big bummer....

Dag, sorry for the wasted vinyl. Anyhow, I wasted a ton before getting it right lol. Me and Greenstar vinyl are buddies heheehehh

Hope you get it worked out and sorry for the trouble you had.

heheeheh Yeah, my 4 year old girl had my weeding vinyl stuck to her forehead the other day. I looked around and she had blue oracal stuck to it lol. I started laughing at her. Girls are a trip, and she has her daddy wrapped around her pinky like a slice of bacon gezzzzzzz :D

Here's the one I use. Best of both worlds.

Yeah, that's the one I have, it works GREAT!

Here's the one I use. Best of both worlds.

i was JUST going to post that. it really takes all guessing out of lining things up. :thumbsup:

heheeheh Yeah, my 4 year old girl had my weeding vinyl stuck to her forehead the other day. I looked around and she had blue oracal stuck to it lol. I started laughing at her. Girls are a trip, and she has her daddy wrapped around her pinky like a slice of bacon gezzzzzzz :D

Don't be giving Rodger any ideas.... :unsure: