Sign in to follow this  
NukleoN

New Epson WF1100. Where do you buy large format paper?

Anyone have suggestions about where to buy 13x19 (A3) paper for the Epson WF1100 large-format printer? Are there national chains which sell this? It doesn't look like Staples or Office Depot carry paper in this size.

I'm looking for regular or photo matte/glossy paper. I know I can get quality vinyl sheets from Papilio. ;)

Thanks!

Have you thought about Sihl 3988? It's a printable vinyl that comes out great. IMHO, it's much better than papilio.

If you mean papers, Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte and Ultra Premium Gloosy Photo Paper are my favorites. Amazon carries both sizes in 13x19.

Well i use 13 x 19 in my Canon PRO9000 alot. But thats a 8 color printer. Not very much thru my epson 1100's and they really don't have a good color reproduction for fine quality prints and designs. Good for what they are for but just cant match the quality that i am looking for in a photograph reproduction printer. But the Epson 9000 does a great job for the posters and large photos as it is a six color printer.

HP Premium Plus Photo and Proofing Gloss. Product number Q5486A. Only HP paper I would suggest buying as i tend to stay away from them all together.

Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss Paper, or any of their papers for that matter. They would probably be best choice for value and quality of paper if you don't want to spend the money on canon papers which in my mind produce the best and most vibrant colors and quality.

Canon Fine art Paper Photo Rag, FA-PR1. Or any of their art paper line for the good effects and textures on your prints.

Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum.

Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II.

Well i use 13 x 19 in my Canon PRO9000 alot. But thats a 8 color printer. Not very much thru my epson 1100's and they really don't have a good color reproduction for fine quality prints and designs. Good for what they are for but just cant match the quality that i am looking for in a photograph reproduction printer. But the Epson 9000 does a great job for the posters and large photos as it is a six color printer.

HP Premium Plus Photo and Proofing Gloss. Product number Q5486A. Only HP paper I would suggest buying as i tend to stay away from them all together.

Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss Paper, or any of their papers for that matter. They would probably be best choice for value and quality of paper if you don't want to spend the money on canon papers which in my mind produce the best and most vibrant colors and quality.

Canon Fine art Paper Photo Rag, FA-PR1. Or any of their art paper line for the good effects and textures on your prints.

Great posts, thank you! This is the kind of info I was looking for. :) I am sure there are better printers for art-reproduction but I can't justify a better printer now, and the WF1100 isn't too bad....I did a couple test prints and aside from gamma issues I'm impressed (and gamma can thankfully be adjusted). I am keen to try some quality A3 paper and see what it can do.

Also. A3 paper size is 11.7" x 16.5" not 13" x 19".

Super B is 13" x 19".

So if your searching for A3 your results will be skewed.

Although now some have been refering to 13" x 19" as A3+ in photograph terms. So that might be what you mean.

Also. A3 paper size is 11.7" x 16.5" not 13" x 19".

Super B is 13" x 19".

So if your searching for A3 your results will be skewed.

Although now some have been refering to 13" x 19" as A3+ in photograph terms. So that might be what you mean.

Duly noted, thanks for the correction! Yes, I've seen some 13x19 listed as 'A3' but maybe I missed the plus. I'll double-check that.

I loved my Pro9000, all 4 of them :( My latest one is now sitting on its side with ANOTHER carriage error, but this time Canon won't replace or repair. This was the best/worst $500 I had ever spent. When they were working, they were an amazing printer for my photography business, but the issues that I have had with it just kill me. I am going to be ordering a WF1100 with the cobra system next week and hope that I can get some greeat vinyl printed from it for a long time :)