Sign in to follow this  
tazmedic716

computer and laser communicating

I just got a used Pinnacle laser and hooked it up this week. I am having problems getting the laser and my computer to communicate. When I look at my device manager, it recongized the laser. But when I try to send a file to it....No go. I had to buy a cable that hooks to the parallel port on the laser but to a usb port on my computer. Open for ideas as to what the problem(s) is(are).

Hey Taz,

Thought of a question for you..Are you hooked to the usb on the front or back of the computer? Make sure your on the back one..I am being told that the front ones don't have the same power as the back ones do..Could be a load but worth looking...Did you load the drivers before you hooked up the machine?

Do you think it got damaged in shipping..If so you have a very short time to make that claim..Just a suggestion for ya??

Just early morning thoughts

Talk soon BFAM..

stetson5331

Hey Taz,

Thought of a question for you..Are you hooked to the usb on the front or back of the computer? Make sure your on the back one..I am being told that the front ones don't have the same power as the back ones do..Could be a load but worth looking...Did you load the drivers before you hooked up the machine?

Do you think it got damaged in shipping..If so you have a very short time to make that claim..Just a suggestion for ya??

Just early morning thoughts

Talk soon BFAM..

stetson5331

I actually started off with it in a front usb port. got a multiple hub port and hooked it in the back. Had laser on and hooked up when installing driver.

Got to reading in Photograv and think I might have one answer. Tell you bout it later. Haven't tried to print in Corel yet. Might have a solution for the dongle with Engrave too. Found a cheap external floppy.

Amazing what a different computer does!!! Thanks little brother!!!

Hey no prob...Did you get it figured out and get it to engrave something yet?

Don't poke around too much on the HDD I am not too sure whats on it...LOL...

Was my spare the kids used for awhile...