AshComputers

Buy A Keyspan When You Order

I just want to mention that I've had the same cutter for over 5 years now, the MH 721 and always used USB. It would occasionally do weird things, I would just re-cut and waste some vinyl here and there. Over time I've been cutting larger and larger things with it and the larger my projects got the more problems I would run into with the cutter doing weird things. When I finally listened and got a Keyspan adapter, ALL my problems went away! They should seriously increase the price of the cutters and include the keyspans to save everyone these headaches that they could potentially run into. Just my .02

I just want to mention that I've had the same cutter for over 5 years now, the MH 721 and always used USB. It would occasionally do weird things, I would just re-cut and waste some vinyl here and there. Over time I've been cutting larger and larger things with it and the larger my projects got the more problems I would run into with the cutter doing weird things. When I finally listened and got a Keyspan adapter, ALL my problems went away! They should seriously increase the price of the cutters and include the keyspans to save everyone these headaches that they could potentially run into. Just my .02

That end of the market is entirely price driven - would give the competitors the edge if they raised the price for things like this . . . lowest price sells lots more cutters and as people get experience they move up and sell more cutters.

one end is USB to plug into your computer,  the other plugs into the serial cable that comes with your cutter, then serial cable into your cutter.

one end is USB to plug into your computer,  the other plugs into the serial cable that comes with your cutter, then serial cable into your cutter.

Thanks, now it makes sense. I don't have a cutter yet so I didnt know it had that connection.

Buy one it'll save you all kinds of stress and frustration when the usb blows out.

Yes, I downloaded that one, ran it, but my keyspan is never recognized. i hear the normal USB "beep", but never opens up to say found new hardware.

i'll keep reading.  thanks

Keeps keeing UNKNOWN and to in device manager and point it to the 19w driver, it doesn't find it.

Keeps keeing UNKNOWN and to in device manager and point it to the 19w driver, it doesn't find it.

Is it a new one?  If so take/send  it back.  Or contact Tripp-lite

Yes it's a new one.   Just odd it installs it as an unknown device and then when I update the driver and point it to the right place, it wants nothing of it. 

Yes it's a new one.   Just odd it installs it as an unknown device and then when I update the driver and point it to the right place, it wants nothing of it. 

sent you a PM

Thanks.   Tried it on 2 of my laptops and same thing. UNKNOWN Device. 

pretty much I got a DUD.  

Hi I went ahead and ordered the keyspan (arrived today) and the screw connectors are stopping the 9 pins from plugging in.  I have a photo but don't see where to upload it.

First click "More Reply Options" then "Attach Files (Browse) etc.. bottom right, as mentioned.

You aren't connecting the Keyspan directly to your cutter are you?  The USB end of Keyspan plugs to your computer,  the Keyspan pin end connects to the serial cable that came with your cutter, the  other end of serial cable connects to your cutter...  So the serial cable  that came with your cutter should be between your cutter and the Keyspan Adapter.

Yeah Mz Skeeter I was, I was unaware of the adapter as I bought my cutter second hand and wasn't given one. Thanks for pointing that out. Too bad I didn't know sooner I could of saved on the shipping. Does US Cutter sell the part?

post-11988-0-12936100-1412048338_thumb.j

You need to purchase a null modem serial cable...to fit your cutter...9 pin..    They sell them on the big auction site.  other electronic stores....

Just showing as an example..  Many different prices and brands

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Null-Cable-6ft-Serial-cable-DB9-9-pin-Female-RS232-Modem-cable-Data-Cable-/181239097234?pt=US_Parallel_Serial_PS_2_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a32b12792

I got a serial adapter. I have a UScutter SC and I use sure cots a lot pro on my laptop. I hooked up the serial adapter and went to due a test connection and then nothing. I went into device manager and updated the driver and everything. Still nothing???