BigWIllie

Cutter cutting some of the words and others it is not cutting

I have a Graphtec and my blades dull I think..It won't cut some things but others it cuts fine..I was cutting chrome when the exact thing happened to me..It will cut part of it, then jump up on top of the vinyl and scratch it..Put 651 back in on the same design cuts fine??...Go figure...I ordered the clean cut blades..Will post after they get here tomarrow if in deed it fixes my problem..My cutters only 3 months old but it has cut alot of vinyl.Probably 3 to 400 yards so far, mostly 651 but some chrome too...

hope it helps

stetson5331

If it's a known problem why doesn't USC just ship these with the cutters?

It's kind of bait and switch IMHO, and then they charge $35 for an adapter that can be had elsewhere for under $10...

I thought USC was better than this...

But anyway, to the OP I hope it fixes your problem.

I have a Graphtec and my blades dull I think..It won't cut some things but others it cuts fine..I was cutting chrome when the exact thing happened to me..It will cut part of it, then jump up on top of the vinyl and scratch it..Put 651 back in on the same design cuts fine??...Go figure...I ordered the clean cut blades..Will post after they get here tomarrow if in deed it fixes my problem..My cutters only 3 months old but it has cut alot of vinyl.Probably 3 to 400 yards so far, mostly 651 but some chrome too...

hope it helps

stetson5331

Chrome is a lot harder on the blades than regular vinyl. Did you try adjusting the force? And cleancut blades FTW! They're great.

Chrome is a lot harder on the blades than regular vinyl. Did you try adjusting the force? And cleancut blades FTW! They're great.

Yes tried that..Thought it might be the file..tried new one ...still did it..So on a whim put 651 back in and it cuts fine...It's seems to be only on chrome and lg cal material at the moment..My cc blades will be here today...lets see if that fixes the issue..Will let you know...Clean cut told me the stock blades don't stay sharp long once you start cutting metalics and reflective type stuff...

stetson5331

They don't stay sharp long cutting printed and laminated decals either...

It's funny you mention the LG Hi-Cal. The $1 roll special I got from sign warehouse weeds like garbage.

It cuts Oracal 651 and FDC 4200 just fine.

The one I had problems with, as far as pressure was the 3m reflective. Man that stuff is some kind of thick! I changed my blade afterward, had to put a beating on it. I'd rather change the blade than put stress on the cutter head and arm, etc. Yes, people need to be told when they buy a cutter "IF" they are going to use USB they need a keyspan. Yes, you may never have an issue, but on the other hand, think of this, whats the price of a keyspan in comparison to graphic, chrome, or 651 by the yard you might ruin. It just makes sense to me to get it right off the bat lol. Shoot I ruin the stuff just by handling it already, much less the cutter doing loops on it hehehehe

Anyhow, good luck guy's